Noticed some water leaking into my passenger side floor after going through a car wash. Looks like it's the rubber part of the front passenger side trim thats shot. I'm assuming this is where the water is getting in. Has anybody replaced this before? Looks like the rubber and the plastic trim is all one piece. Is it just pop off and snap on? Anyways, looking for part numbers what to order.
2008 US Land Cruiser.
That shouldn’t cause a floorboard leak though - it will drain down the interior of the door and out the drain holes at the bottom. Can replace but you’re looking at sunroof drain lines or cowl leak.
Good point! My leak to the passenger floor was water getting around the cowl. Appears to be common with windshield replacement if the cowl isn't replaced.
That shouldn’t cause a floorboard leak though - it will drain down the interior of the door and out the drain holes at the bottom. Can replace but you’re looking at sunroof drain lines or cowl leak.
If the plastic liner on the inside of the door is damaged or not glued down totally correctly (both doors I’ve had apart weren’t perfect, this is one thing I really dislike about how Toyota builds cars) the water can make it inside of the weather seal and overflow into the cabin.
With such a large hole in the window trim it is plausible that the water on the floor is related.
Well I'll try swapping this out and see what happens. I recently added a big Bush Company tent to my roof, so auto car washes are officially a thing of the past. Never noticed the leak any other time than the car wash, even in monsoon rain storms nothing. Thanks all. @CharlieS do you remember how it comes off and re-installs?