2008 Lexus LX 570 Build Xhrix123 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone,

I am building out my 2008 LX570 and thought it would be a good place to consolidate into a build thread.

About the LX.

2008 LX 570 Silver with light grey interior. 160,000 Texas miles at the time of purchase and was in very good cosmetic condition in and out.
Everything works except for an issue with the rear parking sensors. All the service records were complete.

I don't know how far I will take it. At this point it is my daily driver, but maybe if it goes to extreme I will get something else as a daily.

Here are some pics. It had chrome rims which probably gives you an idea of the off-roading it did. The interior is in really good shape.

Looking forward to sharing the build, all suggestions thoughts are welcome. I am just north of Frisco, TX in the DFW area.

Cheers

tempImageq9qjqM.png
tempImagetgehA9.png

Chapter I - Suspension v1.0, wheels, and tires

First thing that needed to go were the chrome wheels. I don't really like chrome much less wheels.

So I debated heavily between a set of method wheels and Dakar Zero Rally wheels. Given the Method wheels were half the price I decided on them, and put a set of Toyo Open Country AT 3. My other choice were the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I am not sure why I chose Toyo, I am sure they are both very good.

Now, I had a problem. The offset on the Method wheels was a bit too much for me (0 offset). I don't like the wheels sticking out past the fenders. In addition the tires bulged out a bit because the wheel was to narrow. What I really wanted were the Evo Corse Dakar Zero wheels.

One day looking through Craigslist I saw someone was selling 5 almost new Dakar Zero wheels! I contacted him and got an incredible deal, so I put them on and sold the Method wheels! I am so much happier with the Dakar wheels.

I have also done the AHC sensor lift, and tuned AHC further with Techstream. Although now many times when I go to high although vehicle raises it may not be enough and it does not show high.

I ordered a set of the Toyota spacers for the front and will most likely add that to get a bit more front lift. This way it will level out the top photo.

Below are some pics. The top is with the Evo Corse Dakar Zero wheels, bottom with the method.
IMG_1411.jpeg
tempImageII896x.png

Last edited:
Nice find getting Dakar’s off of CL!

Chapter II - Rhino Bumper Install

So I decided to pull the trigger a few months back on a Rhino bumper for a 2016+ Land Cruiser. I chose this over the other the earlier Land Cruiser version because I prefer the corners.

I bought the bumper directly from Rhino in Argentina. Took a while so be patient. Talk to Paula.

This is still a work in progress and wanted to detail what I have done to date, and will continue to add until it is completely finalized.

I was hesitant to begin the build because I heard of someone who had previously installed one that discussed significant modifications and welding etc. I am good mechanically, but not great at metal working.

The most up to date picture (still in the works), I think I am going to get all the white part professionally painted to color match the wheels in the same gloss. Matte is OK, but I feel too many people have everything matted out.
IMG_1549.jpeg
IMG_1551.jpeg

I will add the detailed process soon on the fitting.

Began my electrical install yesterday.

I have now 3 of my 4 Slee mounts installed (both batts + accessory tray), still have not put on ARB compressor tray. FYI, all out of stock everywhere.

Replaced battery connectors to some rugged rocks. They were $45 a piece. Solid aluminum with 4 connection points. Best I could find for price. Also added a switch box from VOswitch. Seems really well made.

Also added the RedArc 50 Amp charger.

Still debating when to add more robust batteries, but for now they are both interstate.

Does anyone know what is the best access point to snake lines through firewall into cabin?

I am taking my time with the install for everything. Want to make everything look and perform well.

Can anyone let me know what is up with the pre-air filter in the box, does that need cleaning? How? Picture at the bottom.

tempImageWU7PeW.png
tempImage0jQXfi.png
tempImageYKKT8T.png
tempImagee2bGDz.png

There are rubber grommets in the firewall. They have nubs on them that make good pass through a for larger wires/wire bundles. You can also poke smaller wires through them.

Unfortunately, you may need to uninstall your accessory tray to access the one on the passenger side.

Last edited:
Bumper on after powder coating!! More write up soon
B293559E-5C6B-4336-8295-4742D0706813.jpeg
5B3252C4-5DE2-4F14-937C-F272D887E470.jpeg

Been gone for a while, but because I have been busy on the LX. Here is a pic. Now that I completed bumper will do a write up. I messed up the first bumper cut and had to buy a used one. I love it! Now waiting for my king shocks to show up!
0B9996C5-F554-48FF-B973-3A4242FAAA2E.jpeg

Also, looking to do a rear bumper with tire carrier. Thinking of doing dissent bumper or Dobinson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom