2008-2018 Radiator Failure and Public Service Announcement (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had the crack on my 08 200 and called Toyota Care. They were really great and professional with someone who seemed real interested in my problem, I was so impressed. I ended up getting it replaced at my local dealer with a credit of $300 paid by Toyota. I think the total bill was $700, so $400 out of pocket made me happy. I did mention this forum and this thread which seemed to help. Situations like this make me want to go trade my 08 in for an 18 LC. Toyota is brilliant when it comes to business.

When you guys are contacting Toyota USA, are you calling 800-331-4331? Any specific info you're providing to get to the right person?

I had the crack on my 08 200 and called Toyota Care. They were really great and professional with someone who seemed real interested in my problem, I was so impressed. I ended up getting it replaced at my local dealer with a credit of $300 paid by Toyota. I think the total bill was $700, so $400 out of pocket made me happy. I did mention this forum and this thread which seemed to help. Situations like this make me want to go trade my 08 in for an 18 LC. Toyota is brilliant when it comes to business.
So this credit is only good for a credit towards service department if you take your 200 in? Does it count towards part/radiator if you purchase in their parts department?

I had to
Pay for mine out of pocket so anything outside of that is a bonus.

They give you what is essentially a rebate on services. So... -even if you get a future service done, you send them the receipt, and they send you a $300 check.

Mine is a 11 LX570, not a LC. So me make the 1st one on the list, yeah!!!! :D:bang:
My 2010 LX570 just started up so I may be the first 2010 LX570 Yeah!!!!:bang: It hit at 151K miles. I have a request into Lexus to see if they can give me some "consideration" to replace it. I may give it a shot myself. The Lexus dealer is stating it takes 4 to 4.2 hours to replace for a to total of $1,200. Toyota down the street is quoting $800, the same as an independent. If I can get it knocked out myself in two or three hours, I will consider that a win for the home team. The radiator lists for $413, but Butler Lexus has them for $310 plus shipping.

IMG-5543.JPG

Last edited:
I guess we're all still tracking roughly a 7 - 9 year lifespan, miles don't seem to be in play. I'm replacing my my water pump tomorrow, 13' w/ 94k miles. Passing on the radiator replacement for now hoping the years hold true and I can get another few years out of mine. I also just came back from the local Yota dealer, 2 gallons of pink ran me $40 total. Who's paying $100 for 2 gallons?!?!?

My 2010 LX570 just started up so I may be the first 2010 LX570 Yeah!!!!:bang: It hit at 151K miles. I have a request into Lexus to see if they can give me some "consideration" to replace it. I may give it a shot myself. The Lexus dealer is stating it takes 4 to 4.2 hours to replace for a to total of $1,200. Toyota down the street is quoting $800, the same as an independent. If I can get it knocked out myself in two or three hours, I will consider that a win for the home team. The radiator lists for $413, but Butler Lexus has them for $310 plus shipping.

View attachment 1570279

I'd give it a shot on replacing it yourself. I replaced the radiator on my 08' about two years ago. And I'm not a master mechanic. Just need patience.

I ordered the radiator from Butler Lexus In South Atlanta last night and plan on installing it this weekend. How long did it take you to install yours?

Add one more to the list of cracked radiators. 2008 LX570 with 138k miles. I checked it a few months ago and there were no signs of stress or cracks or anything. I checked again two weeks ago and the hairline crack in the usual spot was obvious, although it had not failed yet. So this past weekend I put in a new factory radiator before the old one blew and left us stranded...

I found it difficult to remove the radiator with the fan shroud in place. Much easier after I removed the engine fan and shroud. Long 3/8" extensions are also needed to get to the radiator mount bolts thru the grill, etc. A telescoping magnet comes in very handy for getting these 4 mounting bolts started...

Hi, does anyone know if you can use 16400-50384 in a 2008 LC? The 16400-50384 replaces the 16400-50380 and should theoretically work, however, in certain parts sites (e.g. camelback), only the 16400-50380 shows up as the part# for a 2008. By the way the 16400-50384 is $130 cheaper on this site:
Radiator Assembly - Toyota (16400-50384) | Camelback Toyota

Call camelback Toyota. Ask for Richie. They will take care of you.
Their prices can't be beat.

Hi, does anyone know if you can use 16400-50384 in a 2008 LC? The 16400-50384 replaces the 16400-50380 and should theoretically work, however, in certain parts sites (e.g. camelback), only the 16400-50380 shows up as the part# for a 2008. By the way the 16400-50384 is $130 cheaper on this site:
Radiator Assembly - Toyota (16400-50384) | Camelback Toyota
GeorgeN, not only do I know that it will fit, I bought the same one from Camelback last summer and installed it in my driveway. I now have another 10K on the 2008 LC (174K and going strong). It was a fiddly job but not too bad. The 50384 is merely the latest updated number for the same radiator. The suspect number pad is still there, although maybe not quite as thick on the new one. You can use this newer part number with confidence, no worries. I believe I paid less than 300, delivered by ups.

Great, thank you jackiejay! TexAZ, I’ll call them and see if Richie can give me a better deal than what I can get through their website.

Thank you TonyP - I found a few other sites lower than the camelback (your link it’s actuall the lowest) but when you add the shipping camelback was the better deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom