For Sale 2006 Land Cruiser, Fully Built, 2nd Owner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Putting my beloved 2006 Land Cruiser up for sale. I’ve had her since 09, and after 10 years, am ready for a change. This truck has taken me all over the country, across all kinds of terrain, with zero issues. She is a tank, and has lots of good years left in her. Truck is built for overlanding (truck camping) more than rock crawling, but has never had any issue doing anything I pointed it at.

Truck is a southern-based vehicle, ZERO RUST. Located in North Louisiana.

Mileage: 183,655 (this is my DD, so this is increasing by about 25miles per day)

Maintenance High Points:

• All maintenance is done.
  • Tires rotated religiously
  • Oil changed at 6k miles on the dot, every time
    • Mobil1 full synthetic, as well as M1 filter
  • I have Blackstone Labs check my oil once a year (send then samples when draining), results are always great. I can provide upon request
  • Air filter rotated regularly
  • MAF, intake, throttle body, etc, all cleaned regularly
  • Brakes and rotors fairly new.
    • Rears are slotted from Slee
    • Front are OEM Toyota
    • All pads OEM Toyota
  • Steering rack was replaced (leaking) around 10,000 miles ago
  • CV joints have been replaced (leaking)
  • Differentials all running synthetic oil
  • Carpet and seats in great shape
  • Dash in great shape
  • Headliner in great shape

The Good: Quick summary of some of the high points.

• Truck is in outstanding mechanical shape. I would jump in and drive it on a 5k mile trip without hesitation. In fact, I’ve done that twice this year, and 2-3 times a year on average for the last 4-5 years
  • AHC sensor lift of about 2” has been there for 4-5 years. Zero issues, truck rides great.
  • I’ve flushed the AHC multiple times, zero issues
  • Tires are 275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They are at about 50% tread life. Great tires. I do a full 5-tire rotation, so tread is equal on all 5 wheels
  • Rear springs are King AHC Springs, which are Australian made and the consensus choice for keeping AHC after adding weight (and for towing). These have been great. I’ve towed my 416 trailer, with the truck fully loaded with 4 people and gear, with zero issues.
  • Front Runner roof rack, in great shape
  • White Knuckle OffRoad sliders
  • Slee diff drop
  • Group 31 battery, from Batteries Plus, with Slee Group 31 bracket. It’s the $400 top of the line model, and it is awesome. Never once, even after running the fridge for days, has it had an issue starting.
  • The 06 model has had some fuel pump issues, mainly to do with the pump overheating when temps were high and fuel was under ¼ tank. There is an updated pump, and I have installed that in my truck. Zero issues.
  • I have several spare coil packs and O2 sensors that I’ll send with the truck
  • The rear drawer system will stay with the truck at sale, BUT the fridge will not. Drawers are custom build, but they are done well. Coated with bedliner.
    • There is a fuse panel in the rear system, and that’s what powers the fridge, and the LED lights I have built in
    • USB and 12V charging ports in rear of drawer system
  • Front bumper is a Dissent Offroad with low profile hoop
    • 12.5k Winch installed
    • Factor 55 link and synthetic rope
  • Rear bumper is custom. It’s extremely well built, but it’s 1 of a kind. It creaks when you open it sometimes, but I keep it greased and it does fine. I also tow with it regular.
  • Land Cruiser Phil attic rack in rear of truck. Love this add on, store tons of stuff up there when traveling
  • I have molle panels covering the rear of the front seats, because my kids kept kicking them. I’ll leave these (and the pouches) if the buyer wants them
  • Truck is wired for a Ham radio, and I’m using a Baefong with a Ram Mount on the driver side. Mic attaches to a ProClip just to the right of the instrument cluster. All this can stay except the radio itself.
  • Gamaviti antenna mount on driver side of hood. The mount will stay, I’m keeping the antenna.
  • Owl Expedition IPAD mount using the tape deck mount method. Works great. I have AUX wire and Lighting cable routed through the deck opening, so you can plug in your IPAD direct into the 12V system
    • The AUX connects to a PA20-TOY adapter, which direct wires you into the sound system for audio. Works great
  • The OEM CD changer has been removed from the center console, and I have my Cobra CB mounted there. Great spot for it, as it’s completely hidden when not in use. It’s wired to an antenna mounted at the rear hatch. Mount will stay, antenna will not.
  • 18” LED light bar and two 2x2 LED cubes mounted on front bumper. Switch is in same panel as side mirror controls. Its….bright
  • TrekBoxx rear tailgate cover, in tan bedliner, is installed
  • There is an UltraGauge that’s connected, and calibrated for actual speed (offset for tires) and 6k mile oil change reminders. I’ll leave this installed

The Rest:

Most all of this stuff is nitpicky, but I would rather list it out front than someone discover after purchase.

• The ‘foot rest’ that sits to the left of the accelerator pedal is loose. Doesn’t move in normal use, never been a problem, but the ‘snap’ that keeps it in place is broken. I only notice when I clean the truck
  • 2-3 of the wheels have rock scratches on them from offroading trips. You could pull them and have them blasted and coated and be fine. I don’t mind it, so I’ve never addressed.
  • The wheels are OEM, and have been sandblasted and powder coated black
  • I removed the wheel/hub center caps years ago. I like the look without. Set of 4 can be easily purchased on EBay if desired
  • There are several scratches on the underside of the sliders and on the bumpers that are also from offroad use. I’ve sprayed these, and you have to look hard to spot them
  • The driver side seat has typical wear. It’s confined to the bottom and the arm rest. I WILL HAVE THIS LEATHER REPLACED WITH A FULL PRICE OFFER.
  • The steering wheel has typical wear on the back side of the upper half.
  • The driver door, inside, has a worn spot where I rest my elbow while driving. This is typical of the 100, and mine definitely has it.
  • There are typical dings, dents, and scratches on the body, I would say all are normal for a 13 year old truck. I’ve tried to post pics
  • The wireless function on the winch doesn’t work. You have to cable in, but that works fine
  • There is a very faint drone at 70-78mph. Pretty sure it’s u-joints. Haven’t bothered checking it out, because that’s really the only symptom.
  • The front grille is done black with Plasti Dip. I re-coat it once a year or so, holds up great
  • The front and rear Toyota badges have been replaced with red Toyota badges. If that’s not your cup of tea, I have the original badges that I’ll send along
  • The lid to the upper console has a broken latch. For now I use Velcro to hold it in place. This is an expensive part, but I will replace this with a full price offer.
  • The white side moulding is a rattle can job, but it’s done well. Was not a fan of the gray OEM color.
    • I used white OEM match paint from automotivetouchup.com, as well as clear coat. I’ll provide a can of both the white and the clear with the sale, as I normally touch this up once a year.
  • On occasion the Tire Pressure sensor will blink in the cluster. I suspect one of the sensors in one of the tires is going out. I’ve never bothered hunting it down
  • FM antenna works and is fully functional, but has a slight bend (limb on a trail)

Link to full run of pics is below. All these pics were taken today. I didn’t detail the truck for these pics, this is how I keep it day to day. It’s well taken care of. That being said, I will have it polished and waxed before delivery. It will be in great shape for the new buyer.

2006 LC For Sale - Andy Martin

I can provide further pics, or a video, upon request.

Price is $24,000 and based on what I’ve seen selling out there recently, that’s a pretty fair price. I’m willing to listen to offers, but since I don’t have to sell it, I’m not gonna let it go for less than it’s worth.

Thanks!

20180930_andy_martin_land_cruiser_lores-4.jpg
20180930_andy_martin_land_cruiser_lores-11.jpg

IMG_6227-X2.jpg

IMG_7428-X2.jpg

fullsizeoutput_150f-X2.jpg

IMG_9468-X2.jpg

IMG_9658-X2.jpg

IMG_0710-XL.jpg

fullsizeoutput_c3-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Where is this located?

I wish this was for sale two years ago when I got back into another 100 series and copied your build! I've followed this truck on four cross country trips and can vouch for how clean and capable it is. Someone is getting a heck of a built truck. GLWS!

Great price on a nicely equipped and maintained 100. GLWS.

Sorry to see you move on from the 100 platform.

Great price on a nicely equipped and maintained 100. GLWS.

Sorry to see you move on from the 100 platform.

He will be too :)

Awesome 100 series. Good luck with the sale. What are you moving to next?

This shouldn't last long...awesome truck.

I'm still sorry about that passenger front fender ding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom