2005 Tacoma towing lights issue :(((( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have a 2005 Tacoma 4 door long bed 4x4......several years ago towing my pop up camper on a 3000 mile trip . The towing lights stopped working ( long trip with no tail lights on camper). Check all fuses etc. Could never trace the problem down. So i bought the etailer kit tied into the taillight s--it came with a flat plug so i could pull my utility trailer. My buddy with a garage tried to find out what was wrong with lights and could never find out what happened to them . So now i sold the pop up bought a Rpod camper getting ready for long road trip would like to get my 7 plug trailer lights back working....as the Rpod has the 7 plug end as well. ANY SUGGESTION on how to trace down the PROBLEM???why i have NO power on the original towing plug--THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!!!

no suggestions ???

It sounds like the fuse might be blown but you stated you checked it. I would double check it.

Could be a ground wire that got disconnected too.

I would do a through visual inspection of the wiring harness and the plug at the rear of the truck. I would look for anything that is damaged or corroded. Then I would start testing the wiring starting with the fuse and working my way forward (toward the battery) or backward (toward the rear of the truck). And make sure your test light that you're testing the wiring with is good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom