SOLD 2005 LX 470 set up for overlanding (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So we bought a bigger trailer a couple of weeks ago. One thing leads to another. The new trailer exceeds the towing capacity of our 2005 LX470. So now we have a diesel jeep grand Cherokee and the LX is looking for another home. We have had two great years of overland adventures with this beauty. It is in excellent condition and always driven with care offroad. I learned in Baja before the paved highway, that going slow and taking good lines keeps your truck in one piece. Location is Encinitas, CA 92024 Asking $25,000. You can find it on FB market place 2005 Lexus LX470 - Vehicles - Encinitas, California - Marketplace | Facebook and additional photos/video on my FB page tomandpeggycozens the album is titled LX470.

Here is the history:

Bought 4/6/2016 from Kelley Buick GMC Lakeland Florida 80,454 miles on it.

Prior owner decided he needed a pickup after making all the modifications. About $6,000 invested not including labor.

Front bumper Iron man air bag compliant deluxe commercial bar $1,050 plus install

Warn Zeon Winch is 12,000 # $1,100 plus install

White Knuckle Sliders $630 plus install

ARB rear bumper with swing out spare tire carrier. Tow hitch is DOT rated. Bought from Sierra Expeditions. $2,000 plus install

Lift is from Cruiser Outfitters. 3” with heavy duty springs in rear to accommodate towing. Lift included, OME shocks, torsion bars, springs, diff drop kit, but not new upper A arms. $1000 plus install

Yakima rack with locks $350

Toyo A/T Open Country LT 285/65R18

Muffler replaced.

Satellite radio and I phone connector tie into aux. There are three aux channels. Satellite had been working intermittently. May be a loose connection. (I never use it)

I’ve added:

Regular service by Charlie’s Foreign Auto in Encinitas, CA 760.753.4969 All receipts convey. Jason did much of the work. He has an 80 series set up for overlanding.

Replaced timing belt and rear brake pads with heavy duty pads $2,600

Replaced front wheel bearings $1130

Front LED lights installed $300

Upper A Arms-Light Racing/SPC UCA- 100 series from cruiser outfitters $611 plus alignment $225

Arb high performance compressor $260 install $375

Dual battery tray and compressor mount from Slee $152

Replaced windshield and mirror mounting bracket $350

Odyssey battery $300

Tekonsha Electronic brake controller $150

LED bulbs in interior lighting

Gold Mt trail Big Bear.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_1914_Moment.jpg

LX Calcite mine.jpg

Nice 100. Do you have the maintenance records from prior ownership? Or Carfax?

I have the Carfax from when I bought it. I forgot to add the snorkel to the list of the aftermarket parts the prior owner installed. I believe it is an ARB Safari snorkel which runs abou $475 with shipping. The LX also has premium Mark Levinson sound and a multidisc cd/dvd player. I tried to upload the Carfax, but got an error that the file was too large. You can e-mail me at tcozens66@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom