2005 Climate control lights dash light's out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, that’s nuts. Thanks for the reply!

they are 5mm X 2.5mm x about 9mm tall. Those are the LED solder ones. The green/ clear with agreen rubber cap I have not looked for. There are 4 of those, and of the other ones, the clear ones, there are two of the orange colored and 3 of the green color.
don't know voltage though.
2mm x 5mm Rectangle with Flat Top LED Lamps - Kingbright - Through Hole | Online Catalog | DigiKey Electronics
I'd replace them all though on the lower board for color uniformity.

I haven't figured out the green ones set in the brown plastic box yet, someone else might know.

IMG_20181127_050059.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the great pic.

Yah, the clear with green hood is what I need. Kind of wild that Mr. T didn't offer an easier/cheaper way to replace these or at least go with LEDs over a standard bulb for all of them for longevity. Well, I suppose I'll just have to turn on the dome light to find my two burnt out switches. Kind of a bummer. Those two bulbs are literally the only two things "mechanically" that don't work on my '03.

I wish we could just get the "sub-board" part on the right in the photo below without having to buy the entire 84014-60190.

t0nvkj.jpg

Sorry, they are soldered in also, and they are rectangles, further more, they're even smaller than the same sort of rectangle incandesant bulb on the stereo face board.

CRAP.

All the non nav guys have this panel laying around. Maybe get one of those guys to send you their board. You could mix and match if you can solder that.
I'll see if I can get one off and look at it.

These should be replacable. The stereo front facing ones are not.
The little ones slide off.

IMG_20181128_182224.jpg

Oh wow. Look at that. So the green-hooded bulb is the one that just pulls off the connections i can see on the board?

Yes I don't know if it's meant to do that but they all slide off. I have three sitting here. The bulbs do not come out. Maybe someone that' knows more than me can figure it out. Send the pic off to digikey or something.

What’s the preferred method to gain access to the board these bulbs are on. I’m searching for a write-up currently. I’ve opened up plenty of dashes just not on my 03 yet.

Take the whole thing out bring it in your house. Remove AC amp remove stereo remove lower panel. This board is under the lowermost panel. you might be able to get it out without taking the stereo out but you might break the plastic back of this board. It's a lot of work for a couple bulbs man. I got a pic somewhere, I'll go look

Don't actually have to remove the other stuff, you just have to get the brackets off. It's the lower skinny plastic piece in this picture

0_IMG_20180423_113512.jpg

Gotcha. Yah, I’ll just leave it alone. Not worth it.

Bumping an old thread. Has anyone figured out an easy way to get these button lights working? My '05 LX, all of the lower buttons (rear air, window defrost, mirror defrost) are completely dark at night. They do light up when pressed, but require me to turn on a map light to see which is which. Kind of a pain.

I'm good with soldering, but would rather not pull the dash apart before I know what the job looks like.

Bumping an old thread. Has anyone figured out an easy way to get these button lights working? My '05 LX, all of the lower buttons (rear air, window defrost, mirror defrost) are completely dark at night. They do light up when pressed, but require me to turn on a map light to see which is which. Kind of a pain.

I'm good with soldering, but would rather not pull the dash apart before I know what the job looks like.
Since all of the backlight bulbs are out, maybe they’re not getting power. Unless they blew one at a time and you witnessed them go sequentially, but check power to those bulbs before pulling them. The solid green wire is usually the illumination power.

I just replaced mine. Bought 3 84999-10470 but the bulbs run in series and I didn't account for the blank so they were very very dim. I went ahead and installed an on hand amazon bulb but it was a lower wattage which means higher resistance so they brightened up but still about 30% dimmer. Ordering another oem bulb tomorrow to see if it solves the problem.. I believe I used the heat seater switch bulb and dismantled that. I also just replaced my gear shifter bulb.. Forgot it had one!

Also, getting the board out of it housing was tough, the trick is to remove the blank button and push out through there.

IMG_1376.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:
My rear AC button and right side mirror heater illuminations both went out as well, based on your findings and photos, could you clarify which bulb would need to be replaced? I tried figuring out based on your photos but couldn't pin point which bulbs.
Like you said, since this will be opened up, might as well replacing the bulb for rear window defroster on the left side as well.
Thanks.
rear AC buttons.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom