2004 Transmission Issues (2 Viewers)

Appreciate the link. I can put the ECU back in, it takes all of 5 seconds to do so its not a big deal.

Snapped a quick video of for 1-2 shift in the truck from a fresh CEL reset in my driveway. Ignore the clanking noise its the cooler in the back. Notice the RPM flare when it shifts, and throws the code immediately - P0986.

1-2 Shift

ramangain

Clarksonian disciple
SILVER Star
It seems as if your ecu is not dialing back throttle, fuel, timing during the shift sequence. The flywheel disconnects from the tranny for the gear change, but the engine is "unaware".

Your video is critical, thank you for posting. I'd actually wager the tranny itself is mechanically OK.

I'll take a video tomorrow of when I press the 2nd start button. I just ordered a techstream cable

To piggyback on this thread, My '06 (150k miles) has been sitting a lot and often outside for the last year. About a month ago I noticed a very slight thump upshifting from 3rd to 4th. Only did it a few other times in the last month. Then last week check engine light came on and it drove as if in limp mode. Took it to the shop and rodents had grenaded both exhaust air pumps under the intake manifold with acorns and a nest and ate some wiring. Had that all replaced, and they spent tons of time looking for any other wire damage anywhere. Had the transmission drained and new filter. Transmission is sill going into limp mode every once in a while but no check engine lights. Seems like too much of a coincidence that the issues are still so close together, right?

mdcoa

SILVER Star
@smartparts , wondering what you discovered. Having no issues myself, but started reading the thread and was then left hanging, like in a foreign film from the 70s. Hope you figured it out!

If there's any lesson to learn here, it's do not bring it to a shop and tell them you aren't in a rush...it's been there since November. I'm calling this week to just get it back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom