2004 2.7 Prerunner Suspension choices (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HemiAlex

Long live the 2F
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
yotaoilfilters.com
Hello all this is my first post here.

I've got a 2004 Tacoma Prerunner base with the 2.7. Its my little single cab work truck and its been one of the best choices I've ever made.

It's just hit 140,000 relatively uneventful miles. I've owned it for the last 25,000 and I've noticed that the ride has gotten considerably worse.

I'm trying to roll the suspension refresh into a small lift and going up to 265/70-16's on a set of 16x7 factory steelies.

I'm debating on if I should leave it factory height when I add those tires or lift it 1.5" inches with a set of Bilsteins or Ranchos. Bilstein 5100's are the top choice with a simple 4600 no-adjustable kit being my next choice.

I don't need to lift it, I just want to. Ride comfort is the top priority along with road manners being second.

What should I look at? I don't want to do KYB/Monroe/Gabriel. I plan on never selling this truck, I will only use quality parts that will last the life of the vehicle.

I have the 5100s in my 99 Std cab 4x4 2.7. I set them to the bottom and now the middle position for a level stance with FJ cruiser 17" wheels and 265/65R17s. Picture was with bald tires. I drive aggressively and felt it bottom out numerous times before. I like a little for compression.

20140610_202639.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom