2001 Factory Service manual vs 2004 pdf download from MUD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 2001 LC (AZ truck, 120k) and I'm looking to purchase the Factory Service Manual (FSM). However, I just came across the pdf download for all 100 series land cruisers from 1998-2007 on this site (downloaded here Dropbox - landcruiser1998-2007.rar). The pdf download is actually a 2004 Land Cruiser FSM.

Does anyone know if I will miss out on particulars for the 2001 Cruiser if I forgo purchasing the actual 2001 specific FSM and only use the pdf version on the site? Does anyone have any knowledge of the pdf version vs the 2001 specific manual?

Thank you

The only real difference, as far as I've seen- is the climate control area (no double Din screen/NAV) is slightly different. So everything else is exactly as described in the FSM. I have a 2k as well.

Here too, I have an 05 but have been using a FSM from a 98 that I previously had. Things (very few) that aren't in there I usually refer to Mud for the off occasion that it isn't covered.

The differences are minimal mainly in the electrical HVAC as mentioned above. I bought my set on Ebay for under $50 and it is nice to have to thumb through. It will work for most of your issues with the vehicle

I've got the 2000 TLC and 2006 LX physical manuals, and a copy of the forum "04 pdf" on a tablet for road trips.

Most of the troubleshooting steps are the same across the years and between LC & LX.

Later manuals have sections on parts/systems that don't exist in earlier trucks

I've noticed a few differences in the EWD between our 2000 LC and 2006 LX. For example the speedometer wire for a under dash install of a "yellow box" was a different pins on the same connector.

If you're looking for basic troubleshooting and the procedure to do basic tasks, the PDF should be fine. If you're going to do more detailed stuff, the appropriate manuals are nice to have.

This one covers the 100/105 and is the most comprehensive pdf that I have found as it includes info for 4.0I6, 4.7V8 and 4.2L turbo engines. The only annoying thing is the numbering is sometimes out of order and the word search doesn't work so well : lc100-workshop-manual.pdf

4 Speed A343F: A-340F,A-343F.pdf

5 Speed A750E: A750F Automatic Transaxle.pdf

I also have the 1HZ, 1HD-T, 1HD-FTE engine service manual here: RM617E.pdf

This one is a neat overview of the 1HD-FTE engine: 1HD-FTE_engine.pdf

This one is a neat history / overview of the 1UZ to 3UZ engine (the 8 cylinder gas or petrol engine) from the Lexus LS series: 1uzto3uz-History.pdf

This file is more specific to the 2UZ (4.7L V8 used in the 100 series): 2uz-History.pdf

But yah, I would totally spring for your model year paper factory service manual as the price has really gone down if you search on ebay.com and are patient.

Last edited:
I've got the 2000 TLC and 2006 LX physical manuals, and a copy of the forum "04 pdf" on a tablet for road trips.

Most of the troubleshooting steps are the same across the years and between LC & LX.

Later manuals have sections on parts/systems that don't exist in earlier trucks

I've noticed a few differences in the EWD between our 2000 LC and 2006 LX. For example the speedometer wire for a under dash install of a "yellow box" was a different pins on the same connector.

If you're looking for basic troubleshooting and the procedure to do basic tasks, the PDF should be fine. If you're going to do more detailed stuff, the appropriate manuals are nice to have.
Where did you find a hardcopy of the 06LX manual? I have been looking all over for one.

I saw a nice set, but $450. I guess I will keep checking. Thnx.

Just be patient and keep looking.

When I purchased, prices were all over the place, I paid ~$125 for my set.

Reactions: JPS
Just be patient and keep looking.

When I purchased, prices were all over the place, I paid ~$125 for my set.
Would be cheaper for me to drive to wherever you are and copy by hand. $450 doesn't even include the wiring manual!

What about transmission related maintenance? I thought they changed from 4 speed to 5 speed in 03.

You are correct. If your LC has a 4spd, it IS NOT THE SAME.

For example, 4spd takes Dex III ATF, 5spd takes Toyota WS. There are obviously several more differences than just the fluid, but if not even the fluid is the same, you're in for a surprise if you ever use the '04 FSM on a 4spd equipped LC.

Just picked up a 3 book set (vol1 vol2 ewd) for $100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom