2000 LX470 side airbags already an option? (KBB says standard) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've read some posts on model year comparison and understand that the side torso airbags (seat-mounted) became standard since 2003, while they may or may not be available before that. I was checking on KBB.com for value of 2000 model year, and noticed that the side airbags are selected by KBB by default, implying it's already a standard equipment. Does anyone know whether most 2000 LX470 already started having side airbags in place?

And how do I know for sure? (I know the front airbags and curtain airbags are marked with "SRS curtain airbag" on the steering wheel/pillar, but what about the seat-mounted torso side airbags?).

Thanks!

Below via New Car Features doc for 2003 LX470.

SRS Airbag System
  • The side and curtain shield airbags have been adopted.
  • Roll sensing of curtain shield airbags control has been adopted in order to deploy the curtain shield airbags and the seat belt pretensioners for the driver and front passenger, in the event that the vehicle rolls over. A roll sensing of curtain shield airbags cutoff switch is provided on the driver side of the instrument panel to enable the driver to disable this system.
  • A dual-stage SRS airbag system has been added to the driver and front passenger airbags.
  • In accordance with the adoption of the dual-stage SRS airbag system, a seat position sensor has been established for the driver seat.
  • On the ’03 model, the previous mechanical type front airbag sensor assembly (consisting of movable and stationary contact points) has been changed to an electrical (deceleration sensor) type front airbag sensor assembly.
  • Front passenger airbag door is made invisible. This means that without the airbag door, the airbag will be inflated by breaking to open the cleavage line stored in the instrument panel inflating.
  • This system has adopted a fuel cut control that stops the fuel pump when the airbag is deployed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom