200 Service Manual (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just an update/feedback on this version of the TIS Service Info browser. I currently have an issue on my 08 LC regarding a bad blower motor sub assembly. This browser was able to help me locate the part that I need to replace. Great. Love it. However, the shortcomings are 1.) no part number is provided for you and there is no other number associated with the part. Only the part title. When searching for that part title, I was given many different part numbers and when looking at the images associated with that title, it was clear that they were incorrect and/or they did not align with what my instance of the browser showed (different drawings). So, I still ended up going to Toyota with the part to validate the part number. 2.) I kinda had to laugh out loud on this one. When the browser showed the recommended steps to remove or disassemble, it involved ridiculously complicated steps (removal of the entire air conditioning unit, which involves removing the bumper, draining the radiator, removing the steering wheel, the entire dash, etc.). In actuality, it really took 25 mins of guess work involving the removal of one panel, the park assist control (2 screws), and 3 screws for the blower motor assembly then jostling it around a bit to get it to fall out. The point I'm trying to make is again 2 fold. 1.) Don't take this thing as gospel on steps for doing some DIY. Use some logic and if something looks easy, there's a good chance it could be. 2.) If you take it to the dealer or shop and they used this for an estimate, you're going to get some sticker shock. Use this community and some YouTube searching to arm yourself with some knowledge before going into a shop or using this to do some DIY. That said, has anyone found a better service manual or way to find part numbers?

So I down loaded and unzipped to .ISO and them mounted it, but how do I open it on a Mac?

So I down loaded and unzipped to .ISO and them mounted it, but how do I open it on a Mac?

Open the newly mounted drive in (I think) Finder. Open the RM folder and you should see a file called index. It should open in your default browser. I assume that when you open it, the program should appear in a Safari browser (unless you have a different browser like chrome, firefox, etc.). Then you just choose the section on the left you'd like to find out more about.

That said, has anyone found a better service manual or way to find part numbers?

For parts, PM beno.

There's a Toyota doc which specifies labor rates for each job. PM me if you need it. The labor rates don't necessarily align with the FSM instructions.

@UCrazyKid, PM me if that version doesn't work for you.

Here you go. Yes, it's in English.

Файл из Облака Mail.Ru

So, I downloaded this file, extracted the ISO and burned a CD, which opens fine. Feeling kinda stupid, but how do I "launch" the program? There is no SETUP.EXE or START point. I was able to find what I needed by opening the index.html file in the rm folder, but the "Find" and "Print" buttons do nothing. Am I missing something? Or is this all we get for free?

So, I downloaded this file, extracted the ISO and burned a CD, which opens fine. Feeling kinda stupid, but how do I "launch" the program? There is no SETUP.EXE or START point. I was able to find what I needed by opening the index.html file in the rm folder, but the "Find" and "Print" buttons do nothing. Am I missing something? Or is this all we get for free?

I can type into the search field, but it doesn't return anything. The print button will print whatever sub-section I have open. That's all I've been able to accomplish.

Feels kind of like a collection of PDF files with bookmark links but no real "book" structure. The TIS system is meant to be used online, so I'm thinking it's pretty much that's "all we get for free."

I had to check to see if I could get the search feature working and it doesn't seem to on my image either. I found what I needed via the left hand navigation and just expanding/collapsing the sections. @KLF I was in the same boat on trying to get some sort of launcher/install that would allow it to function like an actual program. The index.html file is the best way to start it I've found. The iso is far from perfect but at least it's better than nothing IMHO.

Anyone have this for the 2016?

+1 for a 2016 Manual

Has anyone installing this recently had issues getting the "components" images to open? It is showing an "XML Parsing Error: not well-formed" then shows the location of the file. I've dug down to find the actual file, and it won't open either. Have tried it on a couple different Macs, and a couple different browsers.

Other sections like "removal" and "assembly" work fine, just the "component" view.. IIRC those are very handy showing where different torque values apply. As it is I'm installing new rear shocks and the Install page lists different torque values, but I have no idea where to apply each of them.

Basically, I can't see what is in the quoted post below:

Just checking to see whether others have encountered this.

thanks

I did all my testing on Google Chrome on Windows and Linux. Firefox seemed to mostly work, as did Safari on my iPhone.

Are you using the US-spec TIS link (first line in the list of 200 manuals) and the 2013 repair manual? Are you booting the USB image... it sounds like you're just accessing it by clicking on the USB drive or mounting the ISO. If you want to PM me the links I can try to look, though I don't have a Mac.

How do you watch this on a Mac?

Are you using the US-spec TIS link (first line in the list of 200 manuals) and the 2013 repair manual? Are you booting the USB image... it sounds like you're just accessing it by clicking on the USB drive or mounting the ISO. If you want to PM me the links I can try to look, though I don't have a Mac.

No, I'm attempting to use the Russian 2008 FSM posted earlier in this thread. Mounting the iso, yes. Everything about the index and most of the FSM info works well, other than the Component view. And I tried it on a Windows 7 machine, same issue.

I haven't tried the TIS link. As often as I need access to a manual it would require a yearly subscription and $400 per year is too steep, frankly.

I've seen mention of downloading the FSM from a TIS subscription but I haven't yet seen a way to do it and maintain the index file structure. I suspect that's what the russian 2008 manual is.. just don't know how to do it.

Either way.. all of the files that won't show up for me are .svgz files.

And thanks for the help

@bloc, I have a copy of all the US-spec (and a few global) LC FSMs from 1990 to 2018. I’ll PM you with the details.

I am looking for a 2009 LX and a 2013 LX FSM PDF version if anyone can help.

Also looking for EWD (electric wiring diagram) for each year too

The hard copy ones that I have found are $600-$800

I just got in 2002 LC and 2004 LC hard copies “new” $79 each set.

@bloc, I have a copy of all the US-spec (and a few global) LC FSMs from 1990 to 2018. I’ll PM you with the details.

I see this is an older thread, but I've been searching for FSMs for 2010 LC and 2005 Gx470. If I could snag a copy of those, it would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom