200 series picture thread (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

with stage 4 you can run a 35" with a bit of trimming - I ran 305/70/18's on my old rims and they fit with a bit of extra rubbing - the 35's I have now are roughly 3/4" lower..... so wife has approved 37's which will lead to other issues... offset of the rims should be considered - expecially if you're going to look at the tundra conversion. 8.5" wide w/ Et 40 or 35 seems to be about optimal for a non Tundra'ed truck.

With 35's regearing makes sense unless you're in the flats all the time..... I lived with it for 2-3 months before admitting Carl at Jsut diff's was right when he warned me.... makes sense to do those and lockers while you're in there...

E

Congratulations on your new arrival. Hope mother and daughter doing well. All the best for the future from me and my family.
thanks!!! Everyone is doing really well, just a little tired:) thanks for the kind words!

Took the drone out to get familiar with the settings. Had an issue and wasn't able to get it flown. So more twisty pics instead

Stance nation yo?

20170722_172503.jpg

Or not

20170722_172521.jpg

Pot of gold? Even better - I found this at the end of the double rainbow:
View attachment 1502176

I just bought this 200 and drove it from Texas to San Diego. I made a trip through petrified forest national park on the way - this picture was taken at crystal forest.

Clearly the LC gods approved of your purchase!! :)

Last edited:
Yesterday in Colorado. Did Ophir, Corkskrew, Hurricane, California, Animas Forks, Cinnamon etc.
IMG_8580-L.jpg

IMG_8513-L.jpg

Nothing too technical, but the old girl didn't miss a beat and never lost her footing. Most comfortable off road rig I've ever been in.

Last edited:
Not a great photo, but the only one of my 200 from Red Cone over the weekend. Every time we attempted to get out of the vehicle lightning would strike nearby! My bro in law snapped this one just before everyone went scrambling back into the trucks haha

IMG_3874.JPG

We had the same issue the day we went to Piney Lake..... barely got to fish and minimal pics due to the lightning !

sorry to miss you this last trip but hoping to be up again in Oct.

First time getting the drone out for footage. Figure I might want to get used to the settings and controls before the trip. No crazy footage this time, just testing the different tracking modes and whatnot.

Youtube's compression sucks. On my computer the 4k footage looks fantastic.

Also, I might need to firm up my suspension a bit. Looks a bit too soft in the first video.

First time getting the drone out for footage. Figure I might want to get used to the settings and controls before the trip. No crazy footage this time, just testing the different tracking modes and whatnot.

Youtube's compression sucks. On my computer the 4k footage looks fantastic.

Also, I might need to firm up my suspension a bit. Looks a bit too soft in the first video.

Gotta get a drone...! ;)

Just noticed you mentioned suspension. Heehee -Was gonna mention that it seems to be see-sawing a lot...but you're on it already.

Are you telling it where to follow from in advance, and then it follows the perspective pattern?
Helicopter cameramen [who used to have jobs!!] must HATE drones!!!!

Have you tried lower down from the side/behind-ish? -Sorta like one might see from closer to the ground? Oh... Video is now showing some lower footage...

Super curious about this stuff, as I had a verrrrry early drone years ago, but haven't upgraded since things really took off...(no pun intended!).

Bottom line: If this is your FIRST try? Wow! Gonna be awesome!

Gotta get a drone...! ;)

Just noticed you mentioned suspension. Heehee -Was gonna mention that it seems to be see-sawing a lot...but you're on it already.

Are you telling it where to follow from in advance, and then it follows the perspective pattern?
Helicopter cameramen [who used to have jobs!!] must HATE drones!!!!

Have you tried lower down from the side/behind-ish? -Sorta like one might see from closer to the ground? Oh... Video is now showing some lower footage...

Super curious about this stuff, as I had a verrrrry early drone years ago, but haven't upgraded since things really took off...(no pun intended!).

Bottom line: If this is your FIRST try? Wow! Gonna be awesome!

The rain changed the terrain of the road quite a bit, I wasn't expecting those big dips. Nothing a slight turn of the suspension and a little more speed won't fix.

Yes. You draw a box around what you want it to track and it tracks it (car, person, ect...) using one of 12(?) modes (ActiveTrack, tripod, point of interest, ect...) Those videos were only taken using ActiveTrack which has 3 sub settings, "trace, profile and spotlight" Trace follows the path of the vehicle, profile stays next to it, in spotlight the drone stands still and follows the vehicle with it's camera. I think with trace you can also set it up to rotate around the subject as it tracks. There's a small bit of that in the video. There are a ton of features. I blew through 3 batteries in that session just messing around. I could spend all day playing around with different track modes.

You can take lower profile shots but it needs to be at a certain height to track. I didn't mess around much with height differences in that aspect.

Yup, first try. It's fairly intuitive and easy to learn even for a borderline dummy like myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom