200 Series LED lighting upgrades (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trying to just make it work, but as you can see the LED panel doesn’t fit when in the clear shield.

IMG_2565.jpeg

Last edited:
Had to go without the gray plastic housing ans rhe LED square won’t fit inside the clear housing with the plastic piece on. In this setup, only two bars of visible light. Looks pretty awful compared to how nice the front and center row lights look.

Since the housing is ruined, I think if I took a dremmel and tried to cut the clear plastic to fit the LED then it might work still. But not sure.

Spent at least an hour dedicated to trying to get the cargo done light and cargo side panel light to work with no luck.

IMG_2566.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is what I’ve accomplished. Defeated. Yellow incandescent bulb is the same brightness as the new bulbs after everything.

Looks better in the white though so definitely happy with that. Someone said the cargo is the significant brightness change so I hope I can find a solution.
IMG_2569.jpeg

Last edited:
Here is what I’ve accomplished. Defeated. Yellow incandescent bulb is the same brightness as the new bulbs after everything.

Looks better in the white though.
View attachment 3504161

Now that I’m seeing this, are you trying to put the upper cargo light into the rear lower cargo housing?

the upper rear cargo light should be a panel and then the rear light is a smaller panel. If you only got one panel, then you probably got the wrong kit.

Now that I’m seeing this, are you trying to put the upper cargo light into the rear lower cargo housing?

the upper rear cargo light should be a panel and then the rear light is a smaller panel. If you only got one panel, then you probably got the wrong kit.
Oh yeah only got one panel. Got a 4x5 panel LED kit and then a small little DE3157 bulb for the upper one.

I was leaning towards perhaps a mishap in what was sent because it just hasn’t felt like the it was intuitive as the other stuff I installed from the kits!

Fingers crossed. Thanks for responding!

I struggled with that lower cargo light. Somehow I mangled the metal enough to hold the led bulb. The solution suggested for that spot is hit or miss. I am going to find a different led fixture and solder it in if bulb pops out again.

Is free license plate lights still up? interested in the kit for my '13 lc200

I struggled with that lower cargo light. Somehow I mangled the metal enough to hold the led bulb. The solution suggested for that spot is hit or miss. I am going to find a different led fixture and solder it in if bulb pops out again.
I'm wondering if I got the wrong part as my LED panel can only show 2 rows of LEDs where everyone elses' seems to be 3 rows visible. Furthermore, someone said their cargo dome light was also an LED panel? Was yours an LED panel?

I'm wondering if I got the wrong part as my LED panel can only show 2 rows of LEDs where everyone elses' seems to be 3 rows visible. Furthermore, someone said their cargo dome light was also an LED panel? Was yours an LED panel?

The panel you are trying to put into the rear lower cargo light is the panel that should be going into your upper dome light. The panel you are missing in your kit is the one for the rear lower light, that is why it doesn't fit. This should also help with your complaint that the bulb you put in there wasn't very bright. The panel is much brighter than one of the normal bulbs.

I couldn't get the picture to dim enough to show the matrix, but the set of boxes in the glare under the light in this picture is the LEDs.

IMG_6973.jpeg

The panel you are trying to put into the rear lower cargo light is the panel that should be going into your upper dome light. The panel you are missing in your kit is the one for the rear lower light, that is why it doesn't fit. This should also help with your complaint that the bulb you put in there wasn't very bright. The panel is much brighter than one of the normal bulbs.

I couldn't get the picture to dim enough to show the matrix, but the set of boxes in the glare under the light in this picture is the LEDs.

View attachment 3505464
So I was wondering that, but I couldn't figure out how to get the LED panel into there. So how do you get that panel into that light you have pictured? Did you take apart the clear plastic shield? This would be a game changer for brightness for sure if I can find a way to get the panel into the the housing.

When I removed the whole light housing (Frame and all) to get to the bulb, I tried to put the panel in, but the whole way smaller and would require bending the LED panel to fit in (and possibly break).

So I was wondering that, but I couldn't figure out how to get the LED panel into there. So how do you get that panel into that light you have pictured? Did you take apart the clear plastic shield? This would be a game changer for brightness for sure if I can find a way to get the panel into the the housing.

When I removed the whole light housing (Frame and all) to get to the bulb, I tried to put the panel in, but the whole way smaller and would require bending the LED panel to fit in (and possibly break).
Prett sure the cover pops off.

@FullyLitLED

2015 200-series LC

I am sick of the cheap LEDs I bought from SuperBright interfering with the remote locking/unlocking, so I'd like to purchase a kit from you, assuming it fixes the problem. I searched here and don't see a direct link to order, please PM with prices and how to order. Thank you!

@FullyLitLED

2015 200-series LC

I am sick of the cheap LEDs I bought from SuperBright interfering with the remote locking/unlocking, so I'd like to purchase a kit from you, assuming it fixes the problem. I searched here and don't see a direct link to order, please PM with prices and how to order. Thank you!

Care to elaborate on the LEDs interfering with remote locking and unlocking?

On my new to me 200, the rear doors dont lock with the remote when the fronts do, so i have to manually lock them.

Quick search showed actuators, but looking at all options.

Thanks

Care to elaborate on the LEDs interfering with remote locking and unlocking?

On my new to me 200, the rear doors dont lock with the remote when the fronts do, so i have to manually lock them.

Quick search showed actuators, but looking at all options.

Thanks

I've replaced every bulb possible with LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs.com. Probably 30% of the time now when I get out of the truck and try to lock the doors by pushing on any of the little buttons on the doors, nothing happens. Doesn't matter which button I push, or how many times I push. Nothin. I have to wait for the interior lights to dim and shut off, then it works fine. Sometimes I lose patience and just use the button on the fob, which always works.

Then sometimes when I come back to the truck and it's locked, the interior lights will come on as I guess it senses the fob approaching, but putting my hand on any door handle and... Nothin. I feel like a doofus trying to get it to detect my hand and unlock. And again, I usually give up and pull out the fob.

Yeah, first world problems, but it's really annoying.

Seems like @FullyLitLED has gone dark on us. Wish I could find a better source for the interior bulbs, but I don't trust the ones on Amazon to fix this issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom