200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mostly rubbing on fender liner. I am going to do the pinch weld for more room.
Pinch weld done
Made two cuts bang in trim fender bang in. cut liner and mold w heatgun

20240103_121034.jpg

20240103_121008.jpg

20240103_115211.jpg

20240103_165438.jpg

I used the toyota caps that came with the wheels. The toyota emblem comes out by prying up the tabs on the back. Then ordered lexus caps from ebay, removed those emblems, and put on these caps. Put some glue on the back to make sure they didnt come out while driving since they didnt fit as well as originals. Here’s link to ones i ordered.

Recommend fitting caps to your wheels while on the truck BEFORE gluing the emblems if you aren’t using spacers. I had to trim a fair bit from the back of the cap and having the emblem glued on made it more of a pain.

I used the toyota caps that came with the wheels. The toyota emblem comes out by prying up the tabs on the back. Then ordered lexus caps from ebay, removed those emblems, and put on these caps. Put some glue on the back to make sure they didnt come out while driving since they didnt fit as well as originals. Here’s link to ones i ordered.

Recommend fitting caps to your wheels while on the truck BEFORE gluing the emblems if you aren’t using spacers. I had to trim a fair bit from the back of the cap and having the emblem glued on made it more of a pain.
Awesome - thanks. I just picked up the same tundra wheels and plan on attempting to hyper dip them in brass monkey or matte grey.

Awesome - thanks. I just picked up the same tundra wheels and plan on attempting to hyper dip them in brass monkey or matte grey.
I got mine powder coated. Got wheels for cheap. all in I’m happy w/ what i spent and (presumed) lifespan of the wheel color, but powder coating isnt cheap.

@Whoareu2200 Do the BBS wheels fit w/o spacers if I decide to run them w/o center caps? Picking up a set later today.

Last edited:
Vague question, but I think would fit in this thread, I have .75" BORA spacers up front, looking at 18" tundra rim options. Does anyone know if that's enough space for any of the tundra rims to fit center caps? Looks like most in here have 1.25" spacers.

Vague question, but I think would fit in this thread, I have .75" BORA spacers up front, looking at 18" tundra rim options. Does anyone know if that's enough space for any of the tundra rims to fit center caps? Looks like most in here have 1.25" spacers.
When considering the same question, 1.25 was the safest with many types of 200 series or tundra wheels. I did 1.25 front and back for the heritage wheels on my 100. Imo you want a spacer that can bolt in and not just sit between the wheel and hub, for strength and security. Many don’t like the idea of spacers at all in an off-road scenario.

When considering the same question, 1.25 was the safest with many types of 200 series or tundra wheels. I did 1.25 front and back for the heritage wheels on my 100. Imo you want a spacer that can bolt in and not just sit between the wheel and hub, for strength and security. Many don’t like the idea of spacers at all in an off-road scenario.
I went as small as I could to retain factory wheels fitting 295/70R18 while being able to turn fully without rub. It was pretty rudimentary, but I stacked washers on the lugs until I could turn all the way with the wheels on and then added small 0.25" factory of safety, it was 0.5" so I went up to 0.75" spacers mentioned. I'm like 95% sure it clears completely, but it might have rubbed a couple times this past summer where it was at its limit offroad.

Either way, just wondering if 0.75" spacers (since I currently have them on) leaves enough space for the 100 dust cap to clear the Tundra center caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom