200 Series 2nd Row SRS Plug (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello.

I've been lurking around this forum for a few months, gaining knowledge/info & decided to join. I Just got my first TLC (2021 model) after replacing my '03 Chevy Tahoe after 275k miles (and still running).

Anyway, I went on a ski trip with the family & dog and decided to remove the 2nd row 60% seat to make more room for the drive. I was having a hard time unplugging the SRS connector (90980-12698 Housing Connector F) and the weight of the seat ended up pulling he wires out of the connector. I search the forums/internet for help, but couldn't find any help re-attaching those strand wires to the connector. It looks like the connector is 2 peices snapped together, which I assume might facilitate securing the wires . . . I am hoping someone on the forum might know what direction to point me in.

0.jpg

1.jpg

I had the same thing happen to me and Toyota wants to charge me $973.00 to replace the entire harness. They said they don’t repair those. They only replace them. I haven’t found a fix video or anything on how to dyi repair it so I might have to bite the bullet.

I don't have a fix for you, but I'm 99% sure that there is a crimped metal connector for each of those wires inside the plastic connector housing.

You may be able to de-pin the pins from the connector, and then locate the pins online. Folks have found them for a lot of different factory connectors.

If you can do that, you could re-crimp the pins, reinsert them into the connector and Bob's your uncle.

You could temporarily fool it by attaching a resistor, but it is a workaround.

That sucks!
To remove those connectors you slide the yellow plastic shield away, and then press the white tab like a normal connector.
Make sure your battery is disconnected before doing anything with those wires.

I’d do some research to see if the connection had any passive electrics in it, like a resistor or diode. I doubt it does, but it could. If it doesn’t, snip them off and replace with your positive locking connector of choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom