$2,400 longblock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

C6H12O6

SILVER Star
Threads
Rebuilt engines come complete as assembled long blocks, built with OEM or higher quality parts, includes-
Cylinder heads 100% rebuilt-
New valves
New valve springs & retainers
New cam followers
New stem seals
New camshafts
New head bolts
New brass freeze plugs
Complete head gasket set
Short block 100% rebuilt-
New crankshaft
New crankshaft bearings
New main bearings
New connecting rods
New pistons, rings, wrist pins - Your choice of +.020 or +.040
New brass freeze plugs
All new seals
New oil pump
New timing belt, chain

Brand new, manufacture rebuilt Long Block Engines-
L6 DOHC 24v 1FZ-FE 4.5L Landcruiser, LX-450 1993-1997 - $2400, with core

Any thoughts? Washington state rebuilder. Seems like quite a lot of work and parts for $2,400 to be legit quality. An email to the CL contact address says, "all/most parts are supplied through EPW, which only sells to business accounts."

it does sound low, but not impossible. Where are they located in Washington? I didn't see a link.

Most likely the crank,rods,cams are not new just checked to make sure there in spec. That would be a solid price for a rebuilt longblock though!

If they rebuild on a regular basis that price is in line. They have all the equipment and can cut the cost in a major way.

Attarco is in the bay area, has them for $1800 plus core. I think core was $350

engine

This is a very interesting thread. Nice to see these prices.

US Engine in Kent, WA had reman's for sale for around $2600 but I don't think they have them anymore. I do know they'll do a complete rebuild at that price, to include machining.

They quoted my buddy $5500 to pull his, rebuild it, and reinstall it.

This is the outfit posting ads in Craigslist, right?

If so the company name is Engine Haus. They are located in Gig Harbor WA.

They quoted me 2400.00 for a 1FZ-FE and 2700.00 for a 3FE. Of course I have a 3FE. :hillbilly:

I was only making a price inquiry so I cannot speak for the quality of their work. I would love to know if anyone on Mud has done any business with them.

I was only making a price inquiry so I cannot speak for the quality of their work. I would love to know if anyone on Mud has done any business with them.[/QUOTE

Ditto!

Just wordering why people want to take cheap road with a rig that sold for $45k originally?

Either do it yourself or pay an expert like Robbie (powderpig) or Torfab or IPOR or ACC or Slee to do it right.

Cutting corners on a 1FZ-FE is like saying "Jeeps are cool too"

IMHO, either you do it right and kosher, or you sell the beast and get a Jeep.

It is what it is.

Last edited:
Well, speaking only for myself, it isn't 1995 anymore and my rig isn't worth $60K any longer. Spending $5K on a right and proper rebuild just about totals my truck.

I don't doubt your expertise, nor the quality of the OEM parts that got me to 210K miles, but let's face it, as great as the 1FZ motor is, it isn't exactly state of the art. If an OEM rebuild just isn't in the budget, I'd still take a budget rebuild in my 80 over a Jeep.

Why do you say people are going on the cheap as it appears to be a complte rebuild with all OEM parts?
Remanufactured/Rebuilt Toyota Engines - New, with warranty

2 year 24,000 mile written certified warranty without installation
5 year 60,000 mile written certified warranty with installation

$900 For Professional Removal and Installation (flat rate)

Rebuilt engines come complete as assembled long blocks, built with OEM or higher quality parts, includes-
Cylinder heads 100% rebuilt-
New valves
New valve springs & retainers
New cam followers
New stem seals
New camshafts
New head bolts
New brass freeze plugs
Complete head gasket set
Short block 100% rebuilt-
New crankshaft
New crankshaft bearings
New main bearings
New connecting rods
New pistons, rings, wrist pins - Your choice of +.020 or +.040
New brass freeze plugs
All new seals
New oil pump
New timing belt, chain

Brand new, manufacture rebuilt Long Block Engines (few examples)-

V6 3.0L SOHC 3VZE 3.0L V6 - Toyota 4runners, Tundras, trucks 1988-1995 - $1900, with core

4cylinder SOHC 8v 22-R & 22-RE 2.4L Toyota 4runners, Trucks 1981-1995 - $1050, with core

V6 3.4L DOHC 24V 5VZ-FE - Toyota 4runners, Tundras, Tacoma trucks 1996-2004 - $2150, with core

4cylinder DOHC 16v 2RZ-FE 2.4L & 3RZ-FE 2.7L, Toyota 4runners, Tacoma trucks 1996-2004 - $1900.00, with core

L6 DOHC 24v 1FZ-FE 4.5L Landcruiser, LX-450 1993-1997 - $2400, with core

V8 DOHC 32v 2UZ-FE 4.7L Landcruiser, LX-470, GX-470 Tundra, Sequoia, 4Runner 1998-2005 - $2950, with core

*Current Special- Free towing within 100miles of 98332 (additional mileage cost of fuel)
West: Ocean Shores * East: Cle Elum * North: Mt. Vernon * South: Portland

I have many other Japanese engines transmissions, new and used. Feel free to inquire.
Also be sure to ask about my performance built engines.

As I am located in Gig Harbor, WA. Shipping within the US and Canada is an option.
Towing is available from Portland to the Canadian border, West Coast to Spokane.

Over 20 years experience specializing in Toyotas - ASE Master Tech certified

Military/Law Enforcement discount

You can follow us on- Facebook

Feel free e-mail or reach us at 253-228-7463

We accept-
VISA - MasterCard - Discover - Paypal - American Express
V6, V8, 4cyl, cylinder, Toyota, toy, yota, four, fourrunner

Just wordering why people want to take cheP road with a rig that sold for $60k originally?

It's $2400 if you pull the block yourself. If they do all the heavy lifting I imagine you'll be in it for $3500+ after taxes, etc.

The question remains, do these guys do quality work? Trying to drum up more business doesn't necessarily make them hack and dash.

Personally I'd like it done right. What are some places in Washington state that are known to do good cruiser rebuilds? Should that be another thread?

Personally I'd like it done right. What are some places in Washington state that are known to do good cruiser rebuilds? Should that be another thread?

Contact Tor Slinning at Torfab if you are serious about your 80 and rebuilding your 1FZ in Washington.

Probably... but what the heck.

Torfab, East Olympia Cruisers, Bullington Speed and Custom are all known and respected cruiser guys in WA, though I can't attest as to a rebuild. There's a few more, but that's off the top of my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom