1st Gen tundra Front Diff Assembly Same as 100 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since I broke my inner front diff axel this past weekend I have been searching options for repair. I found a guy parting out a 06 4WD tundra and will sell me the whole assembly for a great price of $250. I need to remove it myself, no biggie. Is this a suitable replacement for my 99? At the very least can I use the inner Axle?? I am thinking the whole diff assembly is going to be way cheaper than just a inner front axle from Toyota anyways. Thoughts?

I doubt it's the same. Have you checked car-part.com?

Tundra shares a diff with the 4Runner and Tacoma, and axles with the Sequoia. I thought if you blew up the front diff, you're only option was to put in a locker up there. I mean...that's what I'd tell my wife...

I actually have a ARB front locker, it's probably what made my inner axel break. Are you sure about the application? I thought since they both share the 4.7 V8 and the wheel base width is within 1" of each other it was the same? I was going to take measurements of my LC front diff and the go down there and compare, if it's the same, I take it!

After looking at pics alone, they're completely different styles. But I cannot speak as to fitment.

On toyotaonlineparts.com, you can search for a part, and on the part detail page they show other Toyota vehicles that use the same part. ARB's fitment guide as well as a bunch of other online sites show the Tundra as having a 7.5" diff and the LC an 8". So make sure your measurements are accurate, close may not cut it. Let us know what you find out.

Not even close to the same. Just replace your CV with an OEM one, be done. Be glad it's a $500 CV and not a $2k diff.
its not the CV, I thought it was and replaced that. Its the inner axle... I cant even seem to get a price on that part from the dealer :bang:

On toyotaonlineparts.com, you can search for a part, and on the part detail page they show other Toyota vehicles that use the same part. ARB's fitment guide as well as a bunch of other online sites show the Tundra as having a 7.5" diff and the LC an 8". So make sure your measurements are accurate, close may not cut it. Let us know what you find out.
just found the part I think I need on this website! Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom