Wanted 1st gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So..I’m considering a 1st gen 4runner again.my goal is a reliable dd/weekend camper.Id prefer a built rig with solid axle but not mandatory.I won’t consider anything with frame issues and prefer not to have the 3.0 but not a deal breaker if the rest of the rig is interesting to me.Im located north of Vancouver bc so more local the better but willing to work with seller on importing from USA if need be but I have no experience with doing this.im currently in a pretty nice stock 1stgen xcab taco that could be a trade option as well.thanks.

Last edited:
I guess 1st gen 4runners are becoming a rare breed in BC.lol...I’m missing out on some good snow wheelin..if I can’t seal a deal by spring I may just swallow my dignity and buy a 4door jk rubicon..hahaha

What's your budget for one?

I’ve been considering selling mine, I love it, but doesn’t get much use. 1986 4runner, pretty much rust free. It has a couple small areas that need to be touched up with paint. Interior is in pretty good shape, needs a few things like headliner put back in, and some trim replaced. Dash is great, seats are pretty good. I Can email some video of the motor running etc. Not sure what price would convince me to sell, but I am open to offers if interested? 260,000 miles, runs well. Head was replaced by previous owner, cv joints also replaced. I’ve only had it a few months here in NY, brought it up from Texas after an impulse buy.

8829F15A-C199-4FE9-8032-09B536AD4CC6.jpeg

915BFAEC-7504-4E44-A481-975F3222D15E.jpeg

If your looking for something that will out wheel all of your buddies, here it is! 3 linked front, 4 linked rear, built 1 tons/ fabbed housings, 3.4 swap, lots more info if interested

017C9630-0919-4CBC-A75A-A3AD14BB94A5.jpeg

That’s pretty cool but I need it to be street legal so not sure if linked suspension will be in my best interest.i would have to get it to pass two inspections to register being from another country.I think I’d prefer a more conventional leaf spring & shock set up,its worked fine for me with all my other rigs and cheaper to fix/replace lol.not ruling out a bobbed 4Runner but I want to be able to camp out of it so probably leaning towards an uncut tub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom