1st gen 200 grille now available (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That sounds correct, 1st gen. Hopefully, It will fit so I can finally offer these for sale.

If someone in the Flagstaff AZ area wants to leave their 2nd gen 200 with me for 2 days, then I will make that too.
Thanks all. I read back in the thread and saw this. Will be watching for the out come on final fit as I have a 2010. :cheers:

Kelly

how is this grill mounted?
Using the same stock locations with mounting accessories?

thx
It uses different, very solid mounting locations. 2 bolts on the lower, and two slotted, fully adjustable mounts on the top that attach to the radiator support.

It fits! Will install the panel now and take some more pics.
E07C10DC-C57A-4F35-AAC1-1BFF00A29EE1.jpeg
5BF3C2CF-381A-448E-8847-AA9F6D50ADC0.jpeg
E5341793-CB06-42A1-8512-13FB2CFC3A57.jpeg

This design for the 1st gen 200 is ready. I can build these with any design and emblem that is on my website. Show here is what I call a 2 piece, it has a bolt on panel. Also, I can build it a 1 piece that does not have the have the panel, but the air flow pattern is built in. I am accepting orders now if anyone is interested.

D74BA526-D3AA-4FE2-8CA8-8F481F58EA27.jpeg
FFA1E651-04F6-4445-ABF5-3F39B27FF86D.jpeg
E272A7F2-68E0-4509-A108-D8EC754E9E81.jpeg

Whoa, hold up. Whose rig is that? And what's that thing on the hood? What's up with those mirrors??

Not sure about whose rig, but...
...Those are ClearView tow mirrors out of Australia--made specifically for the 200.
VERY nice full replacements.

**I have the exact same set...but I rarely tow so they are not installed.

Pretty cool grille. I like the industrial look of the two-piece, kinda Mad Max style.

Looking forward to seeing the version with light cut-outs.

Pretty cool grille. I like the industrial look of the two-piece, kinda Mad Max style.

My truck:

55W solar panel on the hood. Upgraded to group 31 battery to run fridge 24/7.

send me a PM if You want more info.

Kelly’s grille is super stout and beautiful in person. He is a perfectionist to a fault andshows in his work.
I would’ve been stoked with the product 2 prototypes ago. It looks amazing and is so much more stout than the original and the aftermarket one I have.

the grille is amazing.

Does the grill come bare metal and powder coating is required? THX
Everything ships bare metal. UPS loves to throw my packages, so I gave up shipping powder coated parts.

Yea, I should have made a panel with the light holes too.

Looks really good, Kelly. I didn't expect it, but I think it looks even better on a 200 than the 80/100's. The hex shown looks really good. I would LOVE to see photos of a one-piece version though, as for 'less built' trucks (like mine!) I think it might work better. Maybe with 'circles' instead of repeating the hex? But again, pleasantly surprised at how the 2-piece turned out. Good work. How much 'panel beating' do you have to do in order to get them to do the 3D curve to match the body?

Looks really good, Kelly. I didn't expect it, but I think it looks even better on a 200 than the 80/100's. The hex shown looks really good. I would LOVE to see photos of a one-piece version though, as for 'less built' trucks (like mine!) I think it might work better. Maybe with 'circles' instead of repeating the hex? But again, pleasantly surprised at how the 2-piece turned out. Good work. How much 'panel beating' do you have to do in order to get them to do the 3D curve to match the body?
Thanks! Interesting that you said that because I felt the same way when I stood back and looked at it the first time. I really like how it looks on the 200. What looks even better are the headlight housings.

Bending the face frame is the most difficult part. I tack weld the center of it, then move out to the top corners and use big Channel locks to pull it down into the alignment slots, then tack it. It's not too bad, but it is the second-largest bend on any grille I make, Tacoma is worse. Using cold-rolled steel is key for bending, the hot-rolled doesn't bend for me.

I would definitely get one for my 2014 if you can solve the radar and camera issue...that looks great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom