1st Annual IH8Mud.com Eastern Campfire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not to be a wet blanket, but there are many tree diseases/pests that sre transported on firewood-ususally hardwood. Here in Michigan we are currently having trouble with the Emerald Ash Borer and Beech Scale. (the Beech Scale has allowed me to make some money this summer!)
These pests and diseases live on or under the bark, so if you remove the bark, it'll reduce the possibility of transporting the bad stuff. Its a PITA, I know, but you'll be giving Mother Nature a hug. (Isn't that special.)

Timbercruiser: More than a CB handle; a way of life.

Hello, I'm a total newbie having just gotten my 80 a few weeks ago. I would love to come to an event and see what it's all about.

In addition, I'm an antique barn restorer, and we frequently save up massive amounts of 200 year old white oak that is too small to reuse as beams. I would be happy to bring a ton of it, which I assure you is disease and bug (except for the occasional powder post beetle) free

It would be the one thing I could contribute.

i think i might make an appearance.

anybody going to have a cell phone on them. it might be a challenge figuring out which group of drunken cruiser heads i'm really looking for.

brian said:

anybody going to have a cell phone on them. it might be a challenge figuring out which group of drunken cruiser heads i'm really looking for.
Don't bother with the cell phone. Red Ridge CG is down in the holler where cell phones work poorly if they work at all...

Jesse Berdinka said:
One other question?

Is there a ih8mud group site? When I called it sounded like many groups had group sites (gotham etc.)

Thanks.

Jesse, come on out, you'll have a blast. Just so you know, this is being held here at a time when our local club (Gotham City Land Cruisers - www.gclcny.com ) is having an annual event - Coal Mine Cruiser Classic - see one of the posts below. Just find the other huge amount of cruisers and you'll be in good hands.

Not sure if he'll be there this year or not, but last year a guy named Mitch attended and he builds pole barns I think. Ok, so maybe it's not the same, but he's a good guy and I thought maybe you two may know each other.

brian said:

That would be great Brian - hope to see you there.

I don't drink, but I'm never hard to find. As zebrabeefj40 mentioned, cell phone service isn't really possible in the campground due to it being in a valley. Get directions from the campground and just follow all the other cruisers you see on the road.

Noah said:
:D I will be there...right after i put my new winch and tires that i win at the raffle in the back of my rig :flipoff2: ...
Not if you don't buy any raffle tickets sparkie :flipoff2:

I'll be there.

With my paintball gun shooting back at David.

Too bad he's "insulated" enough for it to not hurt. :flipoff2:

I'm actually going to make it.
:beer:

Curran said:
I'm actually going to make it.
:beer:

Feeling sick Curran??????? :D

So you gonna hook with da convoy??????

reffug said:
Feeling sick Curran??????? :D

So you gonna hook with da convoy??????

No, not sick. Just happy that I'm not going to miss this Cruiser event sitting in sunny Iraq.

But I think that I'm going to miss out on the convoy and drive in later that night with a couple of other wagons comming out of Alexandria. I need the work time. I'll join everone on the convoy home though.

Ooh, OOh! I am gonna be there. :bounce: :bounce2:

I am not officially registered, seeing as how I don't have a trailworthy Cruiser, :crybaby:
but it looks like I'll drive out Thurs. and maybe ride w/ somebody on Friday?
Anybody got an extra seat and/or a meal ticket?

In past CMCC's we've scheduled a little tech nite on Friday to discuss something related to the care & feeding of the old Cruiser. I guess we'll just sit around and bash Mudders who wimped out and couldn't make it? :D

FJ40Jim said:
Ooh, OOh! I am gonna be there. :bounce: :bounce2:

I am not officially registered, seeing as how I don't have a trailworthy Cruiser, :crybaby:
but it looks like I'll drive out Thurs. and maybe ride w/ somebody on Friday?
Anybody got an extra seat and/or a meal ticket?

In past CMCC's we've scheduled a little tech nite on Friday to discuss something related to the care & feeding of the old Cruiser. I guess we'll just sit around and bash Mudders who wimped out and couldn't make it? :D
I dont think one of my buddies will be going, so i will have an extra meat ticket and a seat, but not shotgun though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom