1KZ Clutch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I am manual swapping my KZN130 hilux surf in Canada, so I am ordering parts like the bellhousing and flywheel etc internationally. The clutch is giving me a real headache, I bought a flywheel from a guy in the UK who said it was off a UK 4Runner 1kz diesel. The clutch kit I bought from roughtrax because it said it would work with the UK 4runner factory solid mass flywheel, which I believe is flat faced (no clutch surface recession). However turns out the flywheel I got has a 4mm recession so this clutch kit won't work. I think I maybe have ended up with a australian solid flywheel? It's 19kg and I've attached some pictures. I've seen a ton of conflicting stuff online about the flywheels these trucks come with and the associated clutch kits, and I'm having a hard time finding a clutch kit that specifies that it's for the 4mm recession flywheel. If anyone could help me out with what clutch kit to order that would be great!
Cheers

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-09 at 09.33.22_150841af.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-09 at 09.33.22_b1af80dd.jpg

That's not a KZ series engine flywheel.

It's for a KD series engine.

Part number for that flywheel you have is: 13405-30030 which is for 1KD/2KD engines.

Part number for that flywheel you have is: 13405-30030 which is for 1KD/2KD engines.
ah well that explains it. this guy that sent me parts is useless ffs. So I know its a bit lighter than the 1kz flywheels, coming in at 19 kg while i think 1kz was 23 kg. Other than that it seems to fit perfectly on the crankshaft and the starter teeth line up with the flex plate that came off. Do you know if I can use the 1kd flywheel with the correct clutch? I can see the clutch fork throw range being a potential issue but idk.
Thanks

edit- I thought the 1kd flywheel has a 275 mm clutch disc surface, this one measures about 266 mm? The diameter of the 1kz clutch is about right but the PP can't clamp it.

Last edited:

99% sure now that this is a 13405-30030 flywheel for a KUN26 Hilux 1KD engine. I think it will still work so I am going to order the correct clutch for it unless somebody knows a reason why it wouldn't work. Thanks man, saved me a big headache putting me onto the fact that this comes from a 1KD

Before ordering more parts make sure that the throwout bearing, clutch fork and clutch plate spline all work with the 1KZ/R150f bell housing, slave cylinder and input shaft.

I have bellhosuing on Vancouver island if you still need. I'm also five speed swapping a 1kz.
Just about to order clutch and flywheel

I have bellhosuing on Vancouver island if you still need. I'm also five speed swapping a 1kz.
Just about to order clutch and flywheel
Thanks man, I've just got one. Just got the tranny mounted yesterday. I was planning on using parts like the driveshafts and cross member from a manual 4runner, but one thing to watch out for that I wasn't expecting is the Hilux manual cross member and driveshafts are different so you need those. I got lucky and found a parts truck otherwise woulda had to import them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom