1HZ H55 Into HJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No shots of the frame before, damn digital #%#@%......

Engine mounts, we swopped the motor mounts on the engine.

Again :whoops:

Drivers side mount

Clearance, issue with water outlet. Nothing a die grinder could not fix.

Shifters bang on except they were leaning to the right, little heat and bending puts them on the North American side.

Heat shield and starter touching, bye bye heat sheild.

Side shot

Terriable frontal shot, still learning the new digital.

Its my BJ60, good little rig.

Thanks
Rob

There will be no progress for a couple of weeks to a month, we are deep into a 1982 FJ42 restoration from New York.

One of the young guys who works for me is pumped to get the HZ finished as well as myself.

Its going to look hot with the beadlocks Tom purchased and the white paint job against the expoxy coated shiny frame.

'Rob
www.raddcruisers.ca

[quote author=HZJ60_Guy link=board=21;threadid=9135;start=msg81121#msg81121 date=1072632247]
Thank you for the correction Sheldon.

Good news all around.

TB :p
[/quote]

HI all one some questions ..

5.29 Gears are strong .. ? I say this because the pinion are very small .. and other question is, I already have ARB front and rear with 4.56 gears but in rear with semi floating axle ..

How you install the cross pin . ?

cheers ..

[quote author=Tapage link=board=21;threadid=9135;start=msg115127#msg115127 date=1078436718]
HI all one some questions ..

5.29 Gears are strong .. ? I say this because the pinion are very small .. and other question is, I already have ARB front and rear with 4.56 gears but in rear with semi floating axle ..

How you install the cross pin . ?

cheers ..

[/quote]

It is probably best to post this as a new topic instead of making it a reply to the "1HZ swap into FJ60" topic. Also posting it to the General 40/60 Tech would be better than the International forum.

To answer your questions, there were some guys on the Pirate4x4 forum that installed 5.29 gears into the SF rear. There was a lot of grinding into the ring gear to allow the pin to fit. I'm not sure if they ever reported any breakage with them. Just be sure to carry some 5.29 spare thirds with you, these are going to be hard to find if you break.

Dave

[quote author=beanz2 link=board=21;threadid=9135;start=msg115140#msg115140 date=1078437693]
It is probably best to post this as a new topic instead of making it a reply to the "1HZ swap into FJ60" topic. Also posting it to the General 40/60 Tech would be better than the International forum.

To answer your questions, there were some guys on the Pirate4x4 forum that installed 5.29 gears into the SF rear. There was a lot of grinding into the ring gear to allow the pin to fit. I'm not sure if they ever reported any breakage with them. Just be sure to carry some 5.29 spare thirds with you, these are going to be hard to find if you break.

Dave
[/quote]

Thanx for the answer .. as you see I'm a really newby .. go to post it in General Forum ..

I think Safari offers one up.

Andre used a unit out of a old Saab I think and he made it work, I guess you will need something big enough for the 12HT compressor.

Rob

[quote author=Radd Cruisers link=board=21;threadid=9135;start=msg125348#msg125348 date=1080000679]
I think Safari offers one up.

Andre used a unit out of a old Saab I think and he made it work, I guess you will need something big enough for the 12HT compressor.

Rob
[/quote]

I have seen the safari units too, very nice but not cheap....

Also, If you go the "old saab" route go with a saab 9000 turbo unit as opposed to the 900 turbo unit for better flow and a more suitable size. Volvo intercoolers are pretty decent too, but keep in mind all these were designed for much smaller engines so they may not be the most efficient route to take.

giddyup

edit: Then again I have no experience turbocharging or intercooling a cruiser :D .......yet...... ::) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom