1HZ AC Squealing issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
ardnez.com
So heres the issue and just wanted to know if anyone has had something similar happen to them so I know where to start. When the AC is on and I’m at a complete stop then proceed to accelerate theres a squeal that last about 2-3 seconds and goes away for as long as the car is moving, not sure if its a belt but will replace em just to start with the cheapest option but if issue persists, what can it possibly be?

Check if your belt is loose before anything else.

checked, it looks good. think i should replace it regardless? i have the new ones, might as well.
Sometimes they can make noise when aging, its a quick swap. Give it a go.... Check your idler when you have the belt off.

Ive had problems with belts over the years. I think if you dont get them at the right tension after installation, slippage causes the belt to become polished and it wont grip on the sheaves of the pulley even with more tension
Replace them and do the alternator belts as a favour to your self. You can buy them in kits cheap
I usually buy kits with other things in them like this one with hoses
Dayco is another good brand

thanks for the explanation @roscoFJ73, always extremely helpful.
Mine use to do that about 5 am when I got 50 metres up the road. Must have drove my neighbours nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom