1HDT water outlet with temp sensor port (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have the part number for the water outlet that goes from the head to the upper rad hose? Its the one that has the temp sensor port built in? On the right in this pic. Its said to be from Australian spec 80's that came with a factory temp gauge

IMG_2199.jpg

Looks like I found my answer
The Left is 16304-17010 (no temp port)
The Right 16304-17020 (with temp port)

Plus I found this odd beast
Pic Below is 16304-17030
16304-17030.jpg

Interesting.
A search of the past number for the double port outlet on toyodiy does it was used on my vehicle, but I'm sure mine has a single port.

Edit: toyodiy search of my VIN shows a different part number. must vary depending on different factory options/accessories maybe?

Screenshot_2018-01-31-08-17-09.png

Interesting.
A search of the past number for the double port outlet on toyodiy does it was used on my vehicle, but I'm sure mine has a single port.

Edit: toyodiy search of my VIN shows a different part number. must vary depending on different factory options/accessories maybe?

View attachment 1622617
The number your showing is difremt again and only a single port and doesn't have the hose barb for the turbo cooling lline
Screenshot_20180130-144903.png

Last edited:
Has anyone worked out what the double port is for?

Oops, sorry. Screen-shotted the wrong part

View attachment 1622641
Interesting. If you take that search a step farther you will see the dual port part number 16304-17030 comes up in 4 Australian market (ARL) HDJ80's, 1 Australian HZJ80 and both a RHD & LHD HDJ80 in "General countries" (GEN).
Screenshot_20180130-155824.png

I found this pic of a 1HZ in another thread:
1hz temperature sensor location

From what I read over there the temp sensor in the single port outlet in this pic is for the aircon, the one below oil filter for the glow system and the one behind the dipstick is for the temp gauge. So there may still be another use for the dual port outlet??

My JDM 1991 HDJ81 does not have the aircon sensor. I will be adding the single port outlet #16304-17020, to be used for a digital temp gauge.
coolant sensors.jpg

Has anyone worked out what the double port is for?

in my case one was for the dash temp indicator and I " assume " the other one was for the glow system ..

Anybody know the thread size of the single port? I just got mine and the threaded hole is too big for the common 1/8 PT or 1/8 NPT threaded sensors. I tried a Subaru oil galley port adapter and it’s too big for the threaded hole. I hope there’s an adapter out there otherwise this thing is useless :(

Anybody know the thread size of the single port? I just got mine and the threaded hole is too big for the common

I dont know the size, but it was the same as a 3F sensor. The 3F sensor is fatter but the thread is the same and it works fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom