1hd-fte conversion in process (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also installed the lra long range tank and can tell you that this was pain in the ass to put.

B05E19C3-71EE-46B1-A1DE-B29A57E3DC5D.jpeg

Good news at least, seems that the immobilizer issue I had was by not plugging the ECU connector from the dash ( which has the ignition, check engine light, etc. ), will have to try on Monday as I am finished for this week working on the cruizer.

What worries me is that I have run the trans without the oil, quite strange as I have measured prior to starting and it had some fluid in but after the start, it seems that all fluid was pumped either into the valve body or to the torque converter. Hope I did not ruin the transmission.

Put the lights and the grill, which needed some trimming. The auto makes grinding nose when I am shifting to park, not sure if that is issue or not. Will try to align the shifter rod a bit better.

Edit: just to make it clear the transfer case doesn't have the driveshafts connected so might be that there is movement of the output shaft when putting the transmission into park. That's what I understood from @Tools R Us post in here

628FFA49-9431-4BD8-8609-537F74C06709.jpeg

Last edited:
8C9A012E-4399-4CAC-B85C-1F00E9B8E763.jpeg

Well after more then year it's moving. The speedo doesn't work and I have oil level warning

Received provent 200 from Germany, also waiting for the female obd plug so I can get the obd info
886F3AB3-F60A-4E78-9F2C-AB438A6F5F4E.jpeg

So I went for the car wash and washed the cruijza pretty well, then30 minutes later going on the highway the engine just died with the cel light on. I panicked for a while but after 30 minutes it started again and went home. Seems like the water got into the connector of the spill valve. Also doesn't help that I didn't have the IP cover on.
4C6FAF0E-A338-420A-BDF5-00E914F2166C.jpeg

How is this working for you?
Well quite well, honestly I had to redo the wiring as the auto harness was too short to be put into it's default location. Other then that I have some small leak on the auto cooler, there is always a one little drop on the bottom of the intercooler.

Also I bought a new power steering pump and put that on. The steering dumper is leaking so bought it from France as OME is very expensive here.

Overall it's not bad bit it will need time to settle everything down. Not planning a big trip this year anyway.

Hi, I was reading this thread and am wondering how you knew your injection pump was bad before running the engine?

The FTE injection pump runs high voltage in the electric lines and is very sensitive to contaminations and water than the rest of the 12V system :)
The cover also silences the pump knock tremendously.

The FTE injection pump runs high voltage in the electric lines and is very sensitive to contaminations and water than the rest of the 12V system :)

Sorry, I should have been more clear. At the beginning of the thread, it seems like you diagnosed a bad pump and spill valve before running the engine. I am trying to educate myself on this. I have an fte that I am working on.

I was independently commenting on OP's post, so no idea about diagnosing the pump lol :D

Sorry, I should have been more clear. At the beginning of the thread, it seems like you diagnosed a bad pump and spill valve before running the engine. I am trying to educate myself on this. I have an fte that I am working on.
I had the injection pump tested and the result was not good, basically, it was for a full rebuild which in my location was more expensive than buying a new pump from Australia.

Yes now I realize, I have bought an electric spray for the contacts and put that on the connectors. I don't know but seems that I am not able to put the cover due to the space taken by the filters etc.

Hi! . . From the engine bay photo it appears your J100 is LHD.

If possible, could you please share details of how the auto ECU mounts under the dashboard?

I'm completing a 1HD-FTE conversion that was started by another. I know where most of the items go (similarity with other vehicles) however I haven't seen an exact description or photos of how the ECT ECU is mounted.

If you could share any information that'd be great!

thanks.

Can you share the wiring diagram of 1fz and fte auto trans together??

Hi! . . From the engine bay photo it appears your J100 is LHD.

If possible, could you please share details of how the auto ECU mounts under the dashboard?

I'm completing a 1HD-FTE conversion that was started by another. I know where most of the items go (similarity with other vehicles) however I haven't seen an exact description or photos of how the ECT ECU is mounted.

If you could share any information that'd be great!

thanks.
Sure, I don't have pictures now but if I remember correctly I just took off the ECU for the cruiser control and there is actually place for the auto ECU there. I had to extend the loom by some 40 cm as it was RHD and it wasn't reaching there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom