1hd-fte conversion in process

Scored running 1hd-fte from 2000 HDJ100 here in Europe, the price is 3500 USD, so far I have taken the following:

• Engine itself
  • 4 speed auto with transfer case
  • Spill valve control
  • ECU and ECT for auto
  • Engine harness
  • Under bonnet harness
  • Dash harness
  • Pedal
Already ordered:
  • 1HD-FT (or 1HD-T , 1HZ) sump and pickup
  • 1HZ engine mounts
  • diesel pickup from the 1HD-FTE
  • filling neck from 1HD-FT
  • diesel pipes from the tanks from 1HD-FT
Conversion will be done by me, I never did anything like this but hope to have it finished in couple months. The biggest issue will be the electrics, I am already in contact and agreed with Aussies to have the loom spliced so will be sending the engine + dash loom from 1HD-FTE together with 1FZ engine loom and I should get almost plug and play loom from him. Cost being around 1000 AUS.

Sure I will be ordering turbo from gturbo, intercooler from PDI and other bits and pieces.

Good is that this conversion is very well documented by the Australian boys and is very common in that part of the world. I expect doing this work on the engine:
  • set the valves
  • block EGR and clean the intake
  • put all new hoses for both radiator and turbo
  • new timing belt and water pump
  • rear main seal

Gengis

Check that you don't also need the ignition key and mechanicals and electronics from the steering column. On some models you need this for the anti theft system which works via the electronic key.

Good luck, sounds like a great buy and a nice project.
I am looking for the same setup only without the E.

G

Check that you don't also need the ignition key and mechanicals and electronics from the steering column. On some models you need this for the anti theft system which works via the electronic key.

Good luck, sounds like a great buy and a nice project.
I am looking for the same setup only without the E.

G
Hi,

you are right, the immobilizer and the matching key and ign barrel is needed, Jonathan from Australia also knows how to delete the immobilizer from the ECU but I will not be sending the ECU there.

What country are you in Jorgito? And what model is it going in? Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle on things, but it seems fte conversions are fairly uncommon outside of Australia? As you’ve found though there’s a fair bit of support here.

Here’s my build of an fte into an fzj105 FZJ105 -> HDJ105

What country are you in Jorgito? And what model is it going in? Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good handle on things, but it seems fte conversions are fairly uncommon outside of Australia? As you’ve found though there’s a fair bit of support here.

Here’s my build of an fte into an fzj105 FZJ105 -> HDJ105
Hi,

I am based in the Czech Republic, and yes there is none 1HD-FTE converted 80 over here. The engine is going into 1997 FZJ80 Land Cruiser, I have read about your conversion multiple times on here and on LCOOL and find it very usefull. There is also a very good Facebook group called 1HDFTE conversions ( 1HDFTE conversions ) and a lot of people with good knowledge is in that group also.

The 1HD-FTE engine is out and I shall start working on it from the next week, still did not take the 1FZ-FE which is also happening next week. Then I am sending the dash, engine loom and under bonnet loom ( from 1HD-FTE) and engine loom ( from 1FZ-FE ) to thrashlux from LCOOL.

Cool sounds like a good swap. Don’t know much about 80 series but if they’re anything like 105s (which they probably are) the rad is the same between fzj80 and hzj80/hdj80. In which case you can use your rad but need an hzj/hdj80 fan shroud

Top Bottom