1HD-FT rough idle after injection pump swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

There's been some discussion on the side loading and seal failure on other cruiser forums. I think it's a possible problem, not necessarily a problem every time.

In regards to timing, solve the air in fuel issue first. And check timing with the dial gauge. If you can't solve your problem, then consider opening the timing case to be sure gears are aligned correctly.
I appreciate all your help man turns out my timing was way way off. I had my wife helping watching the dial gage since my winter cooler piping was in the way of me rotating it from the top. Well I decided to double check her work and sound my issue.

Really was the simplest thing and should have double checked it was rigjt since that way the simplest and most likely thing. The pump was pretty hard to rotate inward but once I got that it runs amazing.

I appreciate all your help man turns out my timing was way way off. I had my wife helping watching the dial gage since my winter cooler piping was in the way of me rotating it from the top. Well I decided to double check her work and sound my issue.

Really was the simplest thing and should have double checked it was rigjt since that way the simplest and most likely thing. The pump was pretty hard to rotate inward but once I got that it runs amazing.

No worries mate

That's the great thing about mud.

It's easy to overlook simple things, especially if we think we've done it right already.

Kudos to your misuse too, for being willing to lend a hand 👍

Last edited:
At least you know now what the effect of not running enough timing is! ;) As an experiment I went from so retarded it wouldn't start to as advanced as I could get it (the compensator hits the inlet manifold when you rotate it as much as you can) to see the effects and performance changes. Hope it's all happy days for you from now on :cheers:

Yeah she’s always a good sport leading and hand and has really helped in the past. And ultimately I must not have taught her well enough eBay to look for.

You guys here on mud there’s many places you would get torn to shreads over simple mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom