1HD-FT cam gear won’t come off (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried going in deep enough to replace my water pump preventively. But I got stuck early as I just could not get this stupid can gear off. It’s like it’s welded on. I found a puller that fits at a local shop but the teeth on it just bend. I’m not sure more force is really going to help preserve the gear as the puller started deform the edge of the gear. I watched YouTube videos of this step and they all seem to pop off easily. What’s next? Cutting it off?

D4F259DE-54A6-4262-8EE6-97DF8D8DF2AE.jpeg

I'd order a replacement gear and keep going with the puller.

Load the puller up with some tension, and use a hammer or hammer and a drift to tap the gear to shake it loose.

If you can see physical damage on the gear, it's already toast and should not be reused

I'd order a replacement gear and keep going with the puller.

Load the puller up with some tension, and use a hammer or hammer and a drift to tap the gear to shake it loose.

If you can see physical damage on the gear, it's already toast and should not be reused
It runs true and the belt doesn't ride anywhere close to the edge so I buttoned it all back up. I usually order parts from Amayama usually since I'm in Japan and it says the pulley has a lead time of 17-42 days! I'm going to order it.. but since I'm going on a trip for two months in October I might even drop this thing off at the dealer asking them to change the water pump.. knowing that they will have to get past this mini boss on the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom