1FZ-FE Hunting after rebuild (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, have just rebuild my 1FZFE and am having an issue with the idle.
It runs okay for a few seconds after cranking, then idle shoots up to 3200, then drops to 2200 and continues going up and down for a few minutes until it just has enough and cuts out.
Have checked the spark plugs, ignition timing, fuel pressure etc. Thinking maybe Idle Air Control Valve but am after thoughts / previous experiences. Thanks.

IAC or a leak somewhere between the air meter and the intake valves

I've checked for leaks in the intake after the MAF and have not found any. Only issue is the IAC wasn't an issue before the rebuild and wasnt touched during the rebuild.

Yes. There was a small vacuum leak when the idle issue first occurred, I fixed it thinking it would solve the issue, however it didnt. There are no vacuum leaks now though.

I replaced Fuzable Links and battery on my 95. Same Issue, I turned off engine, turned ignition to on position, pushed throttle pedal to the floor once, turned off Ignition, restarted and it was fine. This worked for me and I had worked on nothing else that day. Good Luck ! :)

Managed to fix the Idle Air Control valve. it was just stuck fully open. gave it a good clean and put it back on with a new seal and it idles nicely at 700rpm now.

Good on you mate, congrats!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom