1FZ Engine Serial Number Database (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OGBeno

23303-56040
GOLD Star
Threads
Hello All:

I am creating an engine serial number database for 1FZ engines. This will apply to 1FZ-F, 1FZ-FE, and coil-packed 1FZ-FE post 1/1998.

This is a correlation/historical document that I will provide free of charge to the LC community and will provide the following information:

1. VIN

2. Date of Manufacture (Honsha frame plant: A1, Manufacturing Line #1: A11: This is where VIN's are assigned, when the frame is formed, stamped and welded together. The VIN is stenciled on. Then the frame rolled across town to Araco Yoshiwara for final assembly)

3. Date of First use (when it was delivered to the dealership)

4. Engine Serial number

To get good data for this project, I need folks to volunteer their VIN's so I can investigate them on the Toyota Technical Information database side of things.

if you are interested in participating, please PM me your VIN only. You don't have to tell me your name or anything like this. I want to make it as anonymous as possible so people don't get freaked out or anything. The document will have no identifying information about ownership or anything like that. Just the technical information above.

Or, alternately, if you have an engine or short block, you can grab the VIN off the head assembly if it's original or you can get the engine serial number etched into the block assembly as well.

You are also welcome to email me as well: tabascolandcruisers (at) gmail (dot) com.

Thanks in advance for participating in providing factual manufacturing and time line information.

If you think this is a stupid idea, please feel free to ignore this thread.

Thanks in advance and best regards.
-onur

PM sent

Folks: If you feel uncomfortable posting this information, you are absolutely fine with emailing or PMing me this information. Someone reached out and said people posting their VINs/data plates might be a bad idea. :meh: Everyone is an adult. Choose your own method if you would like to contribute.

Folks: If you feel uncomfortable posting this information, you are absolutely fine with emailing or PMing me this information. Someone reached out and said people posting their VINs/data plates might be a bad idea. :meh: Everyone is an adult. Choose your own method if you would like to contribute.
People can be paranoid. Not much information the average person can access from a VIN alone.

I have a bunch of VINs where people have posted them on ebay and the like. Are you interested in those or just mud members vehicles?

You are welcome to post info here, but once I procure info I will delete the post to respect privacy issues.

Thanks, Onur. If people were reading correctly, they'd have seen that you originally asked for folks to PM the info. For those uncomfortable, they also need to know their VIN is available for anyone to see in the lower U.S. driver's side corner of their windshield which can easily be covered up with a dash cover or window sticker. But, in these days of massive fraud and deception, its easy to understand why some are cautious.

You are welcome to post info here, but once I procure info I will delete the post to respect privacy issues.
Quick note. I personally do not find an issue with it, but I’ve noticed you have quoted some of the now deleted posts - rendering the post deletion ineffective. Just a heads up!

Regardless, I’ll PM you mine. Awesome idea!

So a few people have reached out and asked "OK, why do you want this information? What use is it to us? It's just numbers" :rolleyes:

The answer is two-fold:

1. Historical documentation: I am very interested in the development of Toyota manufacturing technologies and the products that came out of that worldview. Land Cruisers were obviously one product that came out of an entire manufacturing system as well as the thinking behind it. So, the introduction of the 17 digit VIN system was a numerical information system that Toyota had to incorporate into its logic structure and correlate frame numbers, engine serial numbers, supplier production planning, etc. into. For me, having a correlation of this documentation vis-a-vis a product like the Land Cruiser is important. It will give us an understanding of manufacturing capacity, production planning, supplier planning, etc.

2. Posterity: As these vehicles continue to age, it would be good to have knowledge of the production serialization so that in the future when someone finds a derelict FZJ80 somewhere in a field and the information isn't readily evident, a database of information is available for reference for that person to correlate information for their future restoration.

Hope that makes sense. I know it's arcane marginalia but I think it will be valuable at some point in the future.

I have a bunch of VINs where people have posted them on ebay and the like. Are you interested in those or just mud members vehicles?
You, like, collect these?

I don't see why anyone would be reluctant to post their VINs...

So a few people have reached out and asked "OK, why do you want this information? What use is it to us? It's just numbers" :rolleyes:

The answer is two-fold:

1. Historical documentation: I am very interested in the development of Toyota manufacturing technologies and the products that came out of that worldview. Land Cruisers were obviously one product that came out of an entire manufacturing system as well as the thinking behind it. So, the introduction of the 17 digit VIN system was a numerical information system that Toyota had to incorporate into its logic structure and correlate frame numbers, engine serial numbers, supplier production planning, etc. into. For me, having a correlation of this documentation vis-a-vis a product like the Land Cruiser is important. It will give us an understanding of manufacturing capacity, production planning, supplier planning, etc.

2. Posterity: As these vehicles continue to age, it would be good to have knowledge of the production serialization so that in the future when someone finds a derelict FZJ80 somewhere in a field and the information isn't readily evident, a database of information is available for reference for that person to correlate information for their future restoration.

Hope that makes sense. I know it's arcane marginalia but I think it will be valuable at some point in the future.

In other words, Onur is a Cruisernerd! 🤣😝

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom