1998 LC headlight assembly unit removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I managed to break off (completely) the socket that holds the clearance light bulb on the passenger side headlight assembly trying to replace that small bulb. I now need to remove the entire assembly to pull out the damaged socket. I removed all the clips/bolts on the top side and on the grill side but I am hung up on something down low that I cant see on the fender side. Any idea what/where is hanging me up down there to complete the removal process?? I cant seem to find an exploded diagram anywhere that shows the last bolt or bolts that I need to complete removal. Thanks in advance for any help!

If I recall, you gotta pull the corner light as well.

Attached is a pic I just took of my old assemblies.

20170419_183132.jpg

There's also bolt hole hiding on the lower right hand corner behind the clip thing (grille side) which you can't see.

Last edited:
That's super helpful, that one on the bottom left of your pic was holding me up possibly. What else is needed to remove the corner light besides the top bolt on it??

That's super helpful, that one on the bottom left of your pic was holding me up possibly. What else is needed to remove the corner light besides the top bolt on it??

There's a horizontal clip that needs to be disengaged. It sits between the corner light housing and the headlight housing and keeps the two housings together.

Said clip is at the bottom of the pic. This is the passenger side housing and looking at it as though you were looking at it from inside the engine compartment (obviously).

20170419_194642.jpg

Just another view:

20170419_194937.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome again, thanks guys. That view from the back is worth 1,000 words. Looks like it will take a small screwdriver to get in there and pop those off. Or.....maybe you can just remove them together as a unit once all the bolts are out?? Then re-install them together after I replace that clearance light socket? Like you have in the pic?

They have to come out separately

The corner light can be a biotch sometimes if they're tight, just take your time so you don't break anything else.

Lol, truer words have never been said, I'm already mad at myself for snapping off that light socket. Thanks for all the help and the pics, the MUD peeps are truly the best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom