For Sale 1997 LX450 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Asking $5800 for everything. I bought this 6 months ago. I was going to build it up, but just lost interest in it and haven't had the time for it anyways.

218,000 miles.

I'll start listing the bad stuff:
Hail damage, mostly on the hood
Needs brakes
Needs the front steering gone through and replace all the worn bushings, etc.
Weird vibration over 70 mph, but doesn't feel like steering or driveline and actually doesn't happen that often.
A/C works but has slow leak. I put 1 can in this summer and it is still cooling.
Exhaust leak
Remote lock/unlock doesn't work.

Good stuff:
Runs good.
Heat and A/C work
Interior is in good shape for being 20 years old
New blue fan clutch
New Dobinson's springs and Ironman shocks
New wheels and tires, OEM wheels included
Snorkel included
New driveshaft included
New stainless steel brake lines included
Super ridiculously tall Trail Taylor lift springs and Tough Dog shocks included ($1500 cost)
I have all the parts to replace the security system (I think)

I'm located north of Austin, TX.

IMG_4049.JPG

Last edited:
218K-ish
Not locked

Nice looking cruiser, GLWS.

I will get some this weekend. It's dirty and raining right now.

Well, I didn't get any pictures due to weather and time constraints.

I don't need to sell it, and I still drive it around town so I'm getting some use out of it. I could remove some stuff to get the price down (put old wheels back on, keep extra parts, etc.). I might be getting the wife a new vehicle, so I could possibly just trade it in if no one wants it.

But show up with a decent stack of $100 bills and there would be some room to negotiate.

I was hoping to get it cleaned up and get pictures in the daylight, but these will have to do for now.

IMG_4235.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5dc.jpeg
IMG_4239.JPG

fullsizeoutput_5de.jpeg

IMG_4241.JPG

The tough dog/trail tailor suspension is on there? Or needs to be installed? if they need to go on how much lift is anticipated? what size and how old are the tires?
Clear title? Or salvage because of the hail damage?

Last edited:
The tough do/trail tailor suspension is on there? Or needs to be installed? if they need to go on how much lift is anticipated? what size and how old are the tires?
Clear title? Or salvage because if the hail damage?

The current lift is all Dobinson's except the shocks which are Ironman. IIRC, it's the 2.0" variable springs all the way around and the non closed cell shocks. It rides nice.

The tires are BFG KO2 315/70/17, they were put on this summer. About 2k miles ago.

Clear blue Texas title.

The other lift was kind of a debacle. It was a lot of lift, way bigger than advertised and anticipated. Here's a pic from the shop where I had it installed and then removed. If you're looking to eventually go big, you're off to a good start.

imagejpeg_2.jpg

I think I remember this rig on Ebay. Dents were pretty large but a new hood would solve that, some on the roof too but you'll forget their there anyway. It was clean underneath and inside. Wish you were closer dude I'd love to do some buisness

The current lift is all Dobinson's except the shocks which are Ironman. IIRC, it's the 2.0" variable springs all the way around and the non closed cell shocks. It rides nice.

The tires are BFG KO2 315/70/17, they were put on this summer. About 2k miles ago.

Clear blue Texas title.

The other lift was kind of a debacle. It was a lot of lift, way bigger than advertised and anticipated. Here's a pic from the shop where I had it installed and then removed. If you're looking to eventually go big, you're off to a good start.

View attachment 1575175

Can you post pics of the undercarriage and hail damage on the roof or wherever is most significant, Thanks

Yeah, I bought it locally but I do believe it was on eBay.

Watching this one. GLWS shouldn't be on the market long. Other than hail damage it looks cleaner than most!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom