Builds 1997 LX450 Ute (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cut a few pieces out of the scraps to use later. Figure I can use these to cap the roof and rain gutter.

View attachment 1044832

Cut the taillight bucket area out to see if I can use it to finish off the bottom... No bueno. Going to stick with tube and sheet.

View attachment 1044833

if you still have the d/s taillight bucket I would love to work something out with you... Mine is dented in on the bottom and creased to hell from a fender bender...

Just now found this build...so. freaking. awesome.

Thanks fellas... I'm glad to have made it this far.

I'm on the other side of the state for a summer job so the Ute will be sitting for a while. I'm still gathering parts and coordinating for a flatbed, but progress is going to be quite slow from here on out. I'll get a weekend in here and there, which will hopefully mean the interior will go back together and the she'll be fit for a trip to the mechanic for some overdue attention.

Found more pics.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436999086.398093.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436999095.198491.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1436999109.432068.jpg

How much monstaliner did you end up using?

How much monstaliner did you end up using?

I used a gallon. I went pretty thick on the fenders in an attempt to smooth things out and ended up a little thin on parts of the hood and roof, though I'm happy with it.

I'll probably use the second gallon for touch up and what not if I ever get around to it. She's been sitting for a while... I've only been home twice this summer and the only attention she got was me taking a second to snap a forlorn picture of her in the driveway:

image1.JPG

I'm happy to report that it poured and the cab was bone dry the next day.

Grabbed some manual seats from a 94 with a darker tan leather recover done. More comfortable than the volvo seat I had adapted, and these won't require any work. I'll sew the rip on the DS seat up with some tan 550 cord.

Good 'nuff:

$_57-1.JPG

These had body tape over them that ended up bubbling and peeling, even with the liner on them.

People have used aluminum tape in the past successfully.

I went with a suggestion from someone earlier in this thread and grabbed a braided wire wheel for my grinder to take the liner off:

View attachment 1089936

gotcha, wire wheel for grinder, makes sense that this would work well to strip and push away all that rubber, did not know they even had these.....

Finally got some time at home... started to throw the interior back together. My impatience during the dis-assembly has left me searching for random parts... all in good fun though.

I trimmed the carpet a bit and was able to tuck it under the tailgate carpet, which worked well. I cut the roofliner down, pulled the section from the sunroof and sandwiched it up tight enough to look good. It will be a few more weeks before I get more time, but I'll finish the roof and throw the new seats in along with some LS430 floor mats.

IMG_4687.JPG

IMG_4688.JPG

IMG_4689.JPG

Hi mate looking good. If its not to much of a pain could i get you to take some pictures of the main fuel tank wiring and the two plugs going to the main wring. Thanks. As mine got stuffed and im going to rewire between the plugs but dont know what colour goes where. And can't find a good picture anywhere on the net showing plugs and wiring colours

Hi mate looking good. If its not to much of a pain could i get you to take some pictures of the main fuel tank wiring and the two plugs going to the main wring. Thanks. As mine got stuffed and im going to rewire between the plugs but dont know what colour goes where. And can't find a good picture anywhere on the net showing plugs and wiring colours

I won't be near the rig until this weekend but can snap pictures of anything you need then.

@Maxxis80

image.jpg

From main wiring harness bottom
image.jpg

From main harness top (good thing I checked... I've got some wires that need attention!)
image.jpg

Harness that runs from the main over to the tank... this is connected to connector in my last post:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will post the rest in a bit... mobile site is giving me issues.

At the tank:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tank:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

And my manual seats... I can't believe these are perfectly color matched!

image.jpg

Seat belt is compatible:
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom