For Sale 1997 Land Cruiser FZJ80 just under 152,000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, I picked up this 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser. It had the usual oil leaks, those are now fixed. The paint is in good shape for it's age. The downside is the interior - Usual Front Seats, Gear Selector Knob, and Steering Wheel. It is a Florida Truck and the undercarriage looks good without rust. Some surface rust is all. Shows a litte rust near the back spoiler bracket.

I decided to keep my high mileage 80 series and just rebuild the motor when the time comes.

I will sell now for $12,000 or I will finish restoring the interior and it will go on eBay.

PM me for more details.

Why is this priced 4000 more than usual?

Bought it and fixed the problems which were paid for. Also, it does have lockers. Do you have examples of others that have 150k ish and lockers for less? I'm testing the market, so if it is too much I may have a loss on my hands. These things are expensive to work on!

More disclosure on Land Cruiser for sale:

This Land Cruiser has almost every option available. Including the Lockers. This is a great base truck to either restore to 100% or to build a serious off-road truck. The 80 series has a cult following and there are many resources for building up these great SUVs. The 80 series was the last year of the solid front axle Toyotas and the front and rear locking diffs.

The Good
This model is in good condition for its age. The truck runs very strong with a lot of pep. The AC is ice cold and sunroof works without leaks. Paint looks good for its age. Very good solid undercarriage about as rust free as you can find. Florida truck still has the original dealer badge from Jacksonville, FL. Recent $2,500 in repairs and receipts. No Accidents. The AutoCheck Score is low because of multiple owners. However, from what I understand it was passed from a few family members of the previous owner.

The Bad
It does show some paint flaws, and interior wear. It is not a restored truck.
The undercarriage looks great and with very little rust. There is a small amount of rust near the spoiler on the rear hatch (typical rust spot). Photos will show all. Also, there is a small oil leak most likely from the oil pump gasket, again typical. So, not perfect, but better than most that are for sale and with lower mileage. I have over $2,500 in receipts in recent repairs, brakes and rear main seal replaced. Tires are in good shape but they are a generic brand but seem nice. Seats have been restored and redyed, the rears look good. The fronts will need to replaced in a few years or so. The steering wheel leather has a nice aftermarket cover, but the leather underneath is not in good condition. Key FOB is broken, fin on one air vent is broken. Rear plastic steps are missing. Air Intake hose shows repair. Carpet is ok but not 100% some staining and covering. Also rear plastic steps are missing.

Note:
Front Leather is repaired and will likely need to be replaced in the next few months or years some cracking and heavy fill. Rear Leather is re-dyed and in good condition and likely to last for years and years.

My 1997 Locked Land Cruiser is still available, the winning bidder immediately said he did not place a bid. Highly unlikely. The winning bid was $12,200 and there were bids just below that. Anyway, I still have the Land Cruiser in my garage and it is available for a few days, until I list again on eBay. If anyone on the board in interested send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom