For Sale 1997 FZJ80 40th Anniversary- Locked (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Up for sale is my 97 FZJ80 with 209,000. Located in Washington, DC.

A bit of history with his one:

I bought this a year and half ago from a gentleman on the forum known as WCruiserJunkie, some know him as Chris Wilson. I wont go into details, you can head over to the bad sellers forum for some light reading. Long story short, I went to look at a LC I had put a deposit on that Chris was selling. Turned out to have more miles on it than advertised, he couldn't refund my money, and so I bought the cruiser he had been driving. For all of Chris's shortcomings, he did take great care of his Land Cruisers, as it was (and maybe still is) his lifetime obsession.

Now that we're done with the backstory, on to the cruiser:

The Good:
Overall, it runs fantastic. Chris went through it and replaced all of the major seals that leak on these things, so it doesn't leak a drop of oil. Steering is nice and tight as is the suspension. No rust, the undercarriage looks great. Overall, of all the LC's I've driven, this one is one of the best. Its got factory e-lockers, which both work and the sunroof functions and doesn't leak. Ive driven it on several long distance road trips in the last year and had no issues.

Recent New Parts:
1. Alternator
2. Radiator
3. Valve cover gasket
4. Brakes

The Bad:
1.AC Doesn't work. Common theory is that it needs some parts replaced because of some stop leak from a previous owner. I haven't looked into it past that. Some parts were replaced in an attempt to fix it, including condenser and several lines.
2. Rebuilt title. The owner before Chris was in a minor accident and decided to have it fixed. I spoke with him before I purchased it and had the car checked out. The accident truly was minor and there was no air bag deployment or frame damage. Damage was to the front left quarter panel.
3. Front seat doesn't adjust- Motors are good, but the plastic bushings are stripped. I have the parts to fix, just need to do it.
4. No 3rd row of seats. Who actually uses them anyways...
5. Clear coat is peeling on the hood.

My reason for selling is my wife. She doesn't hate the LC per se but we life in a city where we can have only 1 car and unfortunately the LC doesn't make a lot of sense. So, on to more practical pastures...

Im asking 7500.00. I have it for sale locally too on CL. Im willing to entertain offers , but i'm not looking to give it away just because of the rebuilt title. Its got a few issues, but of all the LC's I looked at, this one was far and away the most sound.

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0642.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

Last edited:
Some undercarriage pictures would be nice. What happened to the back wiper? Do you have maintenance history?

What do yall think is the cause of the AC problem not workin?

sidebar - how do people generally deal with clear coat peels?

Clear coat dilute is common on the ASP 80s. I'm surprised the roof isn't failing.easy fix is to have the hood repainted. No blending needed, so not big $$. I lived with it and the latest owner of my ASP 40th is living with it as well.

wish I were closer to you. I'm in the mood for a 40th. Wrong sides of the country. GLWS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom