For Sale 1996 LX450 - one owner - Meticulous maintenance - FS/WTT for diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$8000(?) obo. Or more preferably trade/partial-trade for diesel LC (non-2LTE)

FZJ80/FJ80 Lexus LX450
195,000 miles
CDL only, not fitted with triple lockers

Photo album with a crapload of photos of it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16aymHsogJmTyHgoroN6Yge9NnHWEDLE4?usp=sharing

This vehicle has been meticulously maintained at EVERY Lexus recommended maintenance interval. Like ridiculously meticulous.

NO RUST - somehow, even in the rust-belt, my stepdad was able to be his anal-self for 20 years and keep it from being destroyed by Nebraska salt. It was handed down to me officially almost two years ago and I’ve parked it outside every day since then, but it was garage kept for 20-years before then.

This vehicle is not a Prius.... MPG is roughly 11mpg in-town on average after installing new tires. I would know because this is my daily driver. I also use heavy weight synthetic oil soooo that doesn't help mpg either.
  • 195k miles
  • New Rancho RS 5000 shocks (11/15/17)
  • New Valve Cover Gasket (11/15/17)
  • New Double Platinum Spark Plugs (11/15/17)
  • New NGK Spark Plug Wires (11/15/17)
  • Cats removed (11/15/17)
  • Synthetic heavy-weight oil changes every 4k miles for past 3 years. Previously done every 3k at Lexus of Omaha for the 17 years prior to it being handed down to me.
  • 195k miles
  • New Tires - 31.5" 265/75r16 Hankook Dynapros (installed 11/6/17 - Rotation due at 199,500)

• Runs great - I actually just returned from a single-day 550-mile trip (1/10/18) to OKC and back because some guy was trying to sell me a crooked Land Cruiser claiming it was the bees knees. It was not the bees knees.
  • All-time 4wd
  • Center diff locker
  • Solid axels
  • 4.5 liter inline-6
  • No rust — :D
  • Paint is pretty damn good
  • Transmission replaced in 2006 -my mom thought she felt the trans slipp from 1st to 2nd gear (it wasn’t slipping, dumbest thing ever) so my dad had a shop in Lincoln replace the transmission.
  • I have the OEM center caps in a box in the trunk - I took them off to repaint them and thought the hubs looked cool without it.
  • It's got a bunch of outdoor stickers to make people think I'm one of those cool people that wear zip-off cargo pants, expensive wool socks, and Birkenstocks.

The bad?
  • Missing pass-front bumper end-cap (my stepsister decided it was a good idea to back out of the garage with headphones in and not look to see that she scraped the crap out of the passenger side of the car on the side of our garage.
  • My stepdad lost the end-cap somehow even though it's the size of a bloated rodent
  • ^^ Due to stepsister mayhem, I had to have my body guy reattach the pass-right rear door/rear fender moulding
  • Some other scratches here and there
  • Oil drips from rear-main and starter o-ring.

Accepting offers. I don't need to sell but I'm really looking to get into a Diesel Land Cruiser. My family isn’t super stoked about me selling off a vehicle with so much family history, but it’s never been used off-road the way it was intended and deserves a good life.

I have the original window sticker -- Totaling $55,500 in 1996, asking $8000 obo.

Trade for diesel land cruiser, 4x4 Tacoma, older land cruisers, diesel hilux. Please no 2LT/2LTE offers.

My name is Chase.
Text preferred

402-570-3646
Lincoln, NE

Also, Go Huskers.
View attachment 1610556

Looks good !

Any pics of the frame and undercarriage?

I've had a few others ask for photos of the underside. Somehow I didn't think to take those on the same day I took the rest, so I don't have any right now. I can take some over my lunch break and will post them, but I haven't washed it since it snowed earlier this week so keep that in mind. I'll get a good carwash this weekend and will take more pics then, too so you can see the clean undercarriage next to the dirty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom