Builds 1996 LX450 Custom Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just completed a custom build on my 1996 LX450 by Rad Rides out of Garland, TX. Wanted to share...super proud of the way it turned out. Tons of fun mods!

IMG_8860.jpg

IMG_8859.jpg

IMG_8861.jpg

IMG_8849.jpg

IMG_8848.jpg

That looks sweet.

Looking forward to some trip pics. It'll look good with a good coat of dust and dirt.

OMG, what a POS! I’ll tell you what, since you appear to be new to mud, I’ll do you a favor. Just leave that truck with the keys and pink slip in my driveway and I’ll take the brunt of the ridicule for you. Yes, I’m actually that much of a giver;)

Holy lights Batman!! I want to see those things all on.

What antenna is that??

The paint is nice too, any details on that?

Very nice. Do you guys not get any daylight in Texas? Or are the nights abnormally dark? JK, Nice build.
it helps out with the night hog hunts :). did you notice the inferred lights for driving with night vision? We also put a black out switch on it that will run it completely dark. Took it out this past weekend and thought we might have an airplane land on the place when we lit it up

What antenna is that??

Any details on the build? Looks great!
honestly we left pretty much everything under the hood stock aside from an icon lift. We did a WHOLE bunch of TLC to it though and it runs about as good as it could ever run with 200k miles on it. Everything else was done on the outside of the vehicle and the inside. i had the seats redone a few years ago in American Airlines first class leather (knew a guy). I sold this vehicle about three years ago and totally regretted selling it. i had the opportunity to buy it back and as soon as i picked it up i took it to www.rad-rides.com and dropped it off and said, "get to work". i'm pretty pleased with the results.

here are some fun pics of it i've saved over the years. From the evolution of the LX of when it drove kids around to school, to my first build then of course the pics i posted above. We are a land cruiser family you could say :)

IMG_2306 (002).jpg

IMG_2400 (002).JPG

IMG_0591.JPG

IMG_6681.JPG

IMG_6682 (002).JPG

What antenna is that??

The paint is all kevlar. They did a two tone and the Kevlar holds great on the plastic fenders. pretty pricey, but ya don't ever have to worry about scratches again (you could repaint the truck twice before the kevlar actually pays for its self, but it looks cool :) )

Love the TLC put into it. Not into the paint finish at all or the 18s. But I take it you may have fitted bigger brakes? Top shelf, man. Enjoy!

I love the 200.3. Looks like a modern FZJ80. ICON took mine to SEMA a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom