1993 FZJ80R Rear Wiper and Washer Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G'day this is my first post on the forums and I've been unable to find a thread that covers a couple of (minor) problems I've bumbled into.

First off is only the button on the end of my wiper stalk causes the washer motor to run. Pulling the stalk forwards has the front wiper turn on but the washer motor doesn't run and rotating the rear wiper control does nothing.

Second one is I only have intermittent on my rear wiper, which may be related to the first problem. (nothing happens in any other position).

I've pulled the combination switch apart and used a multi meter to test the pins and it appears the switch itself functions properly. (used the wiring diagram from a gregorys manual)
When I look at the wiring diagram for 'wipers and washers' (see attached) in my Gregorys manual it appears that a diode somewhere after the washer motor may be at fault for my first problem.

20170910_221302.jpg

Does anyone have any experience with this or know what else might be at fault.

20170910_221238.jpg

I had an intermittent rear wiper problem a couple years ago, that I never discovered the source of after doing some troubleshooting similar to what you've done. The problem seems to have corrected itself, at least for the last couple of years, so I don't know. But what I do know is that the wiring goes through the rear hatch, which can be a stress point and which can cause the wires to fail over time. After searching on this forum I also discovered that the rear wiper motor itself can be problematic, so I have a spare wiper motor sitting in a box in case the problem raises its head again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom