1993 FZJ80 rumbles when decelerating and locks up when making a sharp turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey!

I just got an 80 series Land Cruiser last week. Yesterday I wanted to check the air filter. I took out the air filter it seemed clean, I put it back in. Fast forward to today I was driving to work and the car had a slight rumble when braking. I then had to make a sharp turn into the parking lot and suddenly the car just locked up. The check engine light, A/T oil temp, oil pressure, brake light, as well as the red light in the top right of the dash. In order for the car to start back up again, I would have to put it in park, turn off the car, and then turn it back on. The car only locks up when making sharp turns. What could be wrong?

What exactly do you mean by "locked up"? Do you mean the engine stalls?

Seeing that you messed with the air cleaner the intake tube more than likely cracked allowing unmetered air into the engine. It fails on a turn be cause that is when the intake/motor flexes.

What exactly do you mean by "locked up"? Do you mean the engine stalls?

Seeing that you messed with the air cleaner the intake tube more than likely cracked allowing unmetered air into the engine. It fails on a turn be cause that is when the intake/motor flexes.

Yeah the engine would stall. So would the remedy be to install a new air intake hose?

That's where I would start....see if it is cracked and broken. If it is...buy a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom