1991 MAF Interchange (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well it showed up a day earlier so I threw it in. Holy crap it actually did make a difference! I honestly thought it would run exactly the same but it really does run noticeably (a little bit) stronger than before! Nice little boost for the money.

I had been chasing a temperature related stuttering and black smoking in my 92 and it ended up being the AFM. I changed a bunch of things thinking I had it whooped- TPS, fuel pressure regulator, fuel damper, etc... all of which probably needed it, especially the damper. I bought an AFM off of ebay bcuz the cardone was out of stock even from the manufacturer. Its running better than its ever ran. Codes were 24 and 31. I wish i could go back in time and get that AFM earlier. lol

I had been chasing a temperature related stuttering and black smoking in my 92 and it ended up being the AFM. I changed a bunch of things thinking I had it whooped- TPS, fuel pressure regulator, fuel damper, etc... all of which probably needed it, especially the damper. I bought an AFM off of ebay bcuz the cardone was out of stock even from the manufacturer. Its running better than its ever ran. Codes were 24 and 31. I wish i could go back in time and get that AFM earlier. lol

** it passed resistance tests at all temps until I pulled it off immediately after driving and tested at which point it was hotter then balls... it went infinite.

Its from a 3vz engine? Still runing good? I have an issue with my truck, black smoke at the tailpipe and i just adjusted the afm with clockwise and the blsck smoke diseapeared, but any way, its good to know which parts are interchangeable.

Its from a 3vz engine? Still runing good? I have an issue with my truck, black smoke at the tailpipe and i just adjusted the afm with clockwise and the blsck smoke diseapeared, but any way, its good to know which parts are interchangeable.

I don't know which motor it's from. Yes, it is still working great.

Just installed the Camry AFM on my 62. So far seems to have helped with stat up and idol and might be gave it some low end power but not very noticeable. I’ll figure the mpg this week.

Thinking about getting this done as well. Any fuel economy (or other) long term update?

Just installed the Camry AFM on my 62. So far seems to have helped with stat up and idol and might be gave it some low end power but not very noticeable. I’ll figure the mpg this week.

I installed the Camry AFM on my 1992 80 Series with the 3FE in early December. Truck has run great ever since. I have not noticed any change in power or fuel economy.

Another data point. I used a '88 Supra AFM (7MGE) back in 2001 on a '91 FJ80 I had. The truck had ~80,000miles on it. I gave the FJ80 to a relative when I got my FJ40 running a few years ago. The FJ80 turned over ~250,000 miles when I handed it off and is still running like a top to this day.

Another testimony of this afm.

I have installed the cardone 74 20070 a year ago on my 3fe with a set of 6 injectors from 3vz (23250 65020) and runs great. Top speed on highway of 100 mph and average of 80 mph measured with gps, and 33 mud tyres.

The AFM from the 3vzfe (Camry) and the 7mge (Supra and Cressida) are the ones you want. Toyota made two different sizes of these AFMs. The smalller ones come in the 3vze and 22re engines (4runners and T100s) The Camry and the Supras had the larger one. GO figure. Electrically they are all pretty much the same. same connectors and pin out.

I do not understand something here .. Can you clarify whether I can use AFM from 3VZ-FE to 3VZ-E engine? My Toyota is 4runner 1991 with AFM - OEM Part Number 22250-65010.

As I can see on amazon the Cardone 74-20070 fits only on these part numbers:
22250-07020, 22250-42080, 22250-62040, 22250-07020, 22250-62040
I

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom