SOLD 1991 HZJ81 5-Speed, Triple Locked in MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought this as a project, but am realizing that I don't have time to deal with it. Quick specs:
- 1991 HZJ81, JDM spec (RHD)
- 226,156 km
- 1HZ 4.2L diesel
- H150f 5-speed manual, full time 4WD transfer case
- Triple lockers, FF rear with drum brakes
- Factory electric winch with remote
- Unknown brand 3" lift, adjustable panhard rods, no sway bars
- Flair-less body
- Safari snorkle

The vehicle is currently not running and hasn't in probably 4 years, but the engine will turn over. The top tank on the radiator is cracked, and the timing cover on the engine is missing. The sunroof sat open for a while, so the interior is slightly mildewed and the driver's seat is blown out. The back seats look fine (no 3rd row). The frame is very dry, there is a little body rust and several dents. DIY rear bumper and hitch receiver. There aren't any batteries currently, but I have put batteries in it and the electrical systems all work.

This would make a great donor rig to convert a gas 80-series, or fix it up for a trail rig or part it out.
Price is $6500, located in Whitefish, MT. Photos to follow when I can get the snow cleared off :)

EDIT: A few things I forgot to mention at first. This Cruiser has been legally imported to the US, but I haven't gotten it registered/titled yet. I can if the buyer wants.

I am working on getting a compression tester and will post results when that is accomplished.

Because of the cracked radiator cap it is possible that the engine was overheated at one point, but I have no way of knowing. My plan was to tear the cylinder head off and check everything out but I simply don't have the time.

Currently the dash is torn apart from fixing the inop sunroof, I will get it put back together and take photos of the interior this weekend. Also, if anyone wants specific photos of something I can do that.

Last edited:
Photos
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

Compression test update; over the weekend I pulled the glow plugs in order to do a test and found water and rust on the tips of several of them. I didn’t complete the compression test but at this point I’m assuming the engine needs a complete rebuild. If anyone is still interested make me a reasonable offer, otherwise I’ll take it off the market and rebuild the engine.

Current price is $5500. I’ve had some offers and interested parties but nothing definite yet. This would be a great donor rig to convert an LHD 80; the engine could easily be rebuilt to turbo specs too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom