1991 HDJ80R Pulse Speed/Cruise sender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

So I am right at the finishing line at restoring cruise control in my 91’ Sahara.

New OEM Speedo cable, throttle cable, actuator cable, actuator and computer - has been an absolute ball ache but I’m feeling confident I’m almost home.

Anyway, the final piece of the jigsaw is the electronic speed sensor that sits inline with the Speedo cable (part no. 88261-60010) image below.

Turns out they’re hens teeth and I can’t even get them from RHDJapan or Carmarka (I ordered a climate unit from them that was supposed to be discontinued too so I’m certain no one has any to sell)

I can get a KEFENG transducer that has the same arrangement as the Toyota original (second image below)
The only requirement I need to know prior to installing is the pulses the standard puts out per revolution.

My guess would be 8 as this is most common but there are also many examples of cars with 6/10/12 pulses.

I can’t find the info anywhere and I have a tried a few well respected Auto Elec’s who haven’t been able to help either.

Does anyone know? Or have a contact that might?

Thanks guys!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom