1990 Surf 2.4 LTE clutch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I should have posted here originally, but does anyone have a part # or source for a clutch kit for these trucks?

Thanks in advance,

Garrett

When I changed mine I got a heavy duty one from Marlin Crawler after having three different parts stores try to sell me a 2wd clutch for my 4wd '94 22RE SR5 pickup. I likely should have just initially bought from a Toyota dealer.

Last edited:
I've heard some Toyota dealers being more accommodating in regards to ordering parts for non-US trucks. I can give that a shot and see what happens, but will also reach out to Marlin Crawler. Thanks -

Toyota will support non-USA vehicles if you can walk in with the VIN.

FWIW My 2lt (non 'e') ran the same 8.5"(?) clutch kit as the 22re. The 3l's and my 5l run the same 9"(?) as the 3.0 v6 gasser (might need the older style throwout bearing depending on your trans). Id bring the clutch in to autozone to compare against their stock and then go home and order from marlin :)

+1 for Marlin crawler.

Thanks for the replies. I'll get crackin' on this shortly.

Spoke with Lee at Marlin. Since it's a Japanese market truck, they aren't able to know what clutch is in it. I guess I will have to have pulled and go from there.

Check out this thread in the 70 series forum if you haven't seen it yet. He's working on a 90ish jdm 2lt2 . And he's got a part number for the clutch listed halfway down. Plenty of info on his motor to compare against.

2L-T vs 2L-T2

Try Cruiser Outfitters. He carries lots of clutches and I bet Kurt will know what you need. It's also good to support a MUD vendor.

Yep. Kurt said he can get what I need, but it's 2-3 weeks out. It's a training vehicle and my next mil class is on the 20th. And I really need to have the truck for that class, so I am scrambling still to find something sooner. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom