For Sale 1990 Dbl Cab Hilux 3l Diesel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Used 1990 Toyota HiLux For Sale | Christiansburg VA

I've been looking for a decent diesel Hilux for awhile now and came across this low mile one for $18,990. Does that sound like a fair deal? I was thinking about one for a daily driver because I've always dreamed of owning a Toyota diesel. I've driven both a 22re and 3vze pickup and loved them both until they died. So is this practical or should I keep looking for one cheaper or move onto a newer Tacoma? Looking for advice as well as just posting a nice truck for sale.

This past year I bought a 2012 Tacoma extended PreRunner, for less than what you posted, in very good condition with 100k miles. Drives like a dream with the V6.

4WD Action magazine - The best Hilux ever made. Brought to you by Drivetech 4x4

I would read that over and check to see if it has any of the common issues. Inspect the underside hopefully it still has the original undercoating and you can see the extent of any rust. If it isn't a rollback and the engine is healthy should be a really good deal. I'd ask for the auction sheet if they have it.

Price wise it would be pretty difficult to import one from Japan for much cheaper unless it has 400k km or is rusted out.

Apple and oranges.

A new Tacoma is just that. A CC 4x4 will be thousands more than xcab prerunner.
But $15-20k will get you a nice truck.

The cool/badass/unique factor is way way higher on an import Hilux, but it is a 28 year old truck that will need more parts and be more difficult to source.

How many miles a year do you commute?
Spouce and kids?
Wrenching ability?

I have a FJ60 on 35"s and lockers for weekends and playing and being badass and a 97 stock 4Runner for commuting 400 miles a week and kids soccer practice. Two rigs works best for me. One is a compromise. Would probably have a V8/diesel swap 80 or a 100 series if I had one rig, not a 28 year old oddball.

Just my random thoughts from owning 25+ 4x4 Toyota over the last 20 years.
Get the right tool(s) for the (current) job.

Happy hunting

Sounds like a pretty decent deal. They’re in much better shape when they’re from Japan as opposed to any other part in the world. Mine is in good shape even though it’s from Australia but the miles are quadruple that. If you pull the trigger and have any questions on the 3L, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom