1989 HJ61 HUGH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Moving from the 100 series to a 60 series.
A little back story. Having owned quite a few vehicles, most recently a 2004 lx470 and a 1999 Land Cruiser with quite a few more here and there, I often suffer from the itch of something new. I have constantly been on the look out for my life “Cruiser”. The lx470 was the first candidate. But after working on it for awhile and learning that it had been in a couple unreported wrecks I decided it wasn’t the one. Next popped up a 1999 with a blown head, full arb bumpers, sliders, and a lot more. I swooped it up did all the maintenance and got it running again. I though maybe this is my beat up life cruiser. But after working in it I just don’t want to put any more effort in to it. The idea popped in my head one day that I’m at a time in my life where I’m making good money, don’t have a family or any crazy commitments... I should look at importing a diesel LC. My first two candidates were the hdj81 and hzj77. I started the long search of how to do it and who to use. One day my buddy suggests I buy his hj61. I brushed him off, thinking I know what I want. But I knew deep down I’ve always dreamt of his 61. It also didn’t help that I had been rolling with a crew of 60s and 62s. So after much thought and a crazy dream I contacted him that I was in on the hj61. So without further rambling here she is. 1989 HJ61 107k Miles on the clock. My new Life Cruiser candidate.

337E217D-ABF3-4EF1-8C27-AF871B92BFCB.jpeg

Not sure which way I am going to go with it yet. I’m just enjoying driving and getting to know it for now.

CE869D31-C0AF-4379-BE9F-E9DBBE078584.jpeg

422F79AF-500F-4D4F-AABA-ABC933F5B429.jpeg

5182FA51-EDC4-49DC-A7E7-0D2EEFC5A7B9.jpeg

DF62E4DA-8F32-4672-8FF3-0C9D9E1CDC2A.jpeg

9FBD06B8-E2B7-4E1C-8EA0-CA41E3594A38.jpeg

This is awesome! Doyou live where to took those pictures? If so, I need to pay this thing a visit ;)

Moving from the 100 series to a 60 series.
A little back story. Having owned quite a few vehicles, most recently a 2004 lx470 and a 1999 Land Cruiser with quite a few more here and there, I often suffer from the itch of something new. I have constantly been on the look out for my life “Cruiser”. The lx470 was the first candidate. But after working on it for awhile and learning that it had been in a couple unreported wrecks I decided it wasn’t the one. Next popped up a 1999 with a blown head, full arb bumpers, sliders, and a lot more. I swooped it up did all the maintenance and got it running again. I though maybe this is my beat up life cruiser. But after working in it I just don’t want to put any more effort in to it. The idea popped in my head one day that I’m at a time in my life where I’m making good money, don’t have a family or any crazy commitments... I should look at importing a diesel LC. My first two candidates were the hdj81 and hzj77. I started the long search of how to do it and who to use. One day my buddy suggests I buy his hj61. I brushed him off, thinking I know what I want. But I knew deep down I’ve always dreamt of his 61. It also didn’t help that I had been rolling with a crew of 60s and 62s. So after much thought and a crazy dream I contacted him that I was in on the hj61. So without further rambling here she is. 1989 HJ61 107k Miles on the clock. My new Life Cruiser candidate.

View attachment 2236022

Congrats !

i true Unicorn Rig for sure ! :D

go pay @cruiseroutfit cruiser outfitters a visit , i bet he will know some

facts on Your new Gem ..............

1578643384568 - Copy.png

This is awesome! Doyou live where to took those pictures? If so, I need to pay this thing a visit ;)
Yes, I live about 30 minutes north of the museum. Definitely worth a visit.

Yes, I live about 30 minutes north of the museum. Definitely worth a visit.
Yeah I definitely need to see it. But I was actually talking the pictures on the mountain...my parents live in centerville, I recognized those hills immediately

You bought a truck that was in a museum - and now you’re gonna drive it
and wheel it??

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

You bought a truck that was in a museum - and now you’re gonna drive it
and wheel it??

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

I mean it’s not perfect by any means and that is why it’s not still in the museum but in my opinion cruisers are meant to be used.

5C8B84F6-2F19-4A16-A2BA-69AB668C63F5.jpeg
Sorry for the delay on updates. Been a weird time in my life. At the beginning of all of this I found out that I would be furloughed to about half time. Well news came down this last Friday that I have been laid off. While the news sucked to hear it an opportunity to take new paths.
I’ve been doing a little bit of exploring in the west desert here in Utah.

Another of those paths was to start building a little. I just finished up adding an OME lift kit courtesy of Cruiser Outfitters.

947A9377-C48B-4B4A-9BE1-40B81EB3921F.jpeg

That sits pretty level after the OME.. what springs did you go with?
CS05RB Rear Leaf Spring at the suggestion from Chris at Cruiseroutfitters.

Looks like one of those old airplane navigation arrows, no? Well, the dog is following. Good boy!
Yep that’s exactly it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom