For Sale 1988 FJ62 - Athens, GA Red/Gray $5000 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's time to let her go after 15 great years. All rehab work done by ACC, minor parts done by local mechanic.

1988 FJ62, 375,218 miles. Red in color with a tan tailgate (thanks ACC). Asking $5000.00; Title in hand. Daily driver for 10 years. Confident it will go anywhere.

Good: New fuel injectors (2017), rebuilt Tranny (2010), OME suspension, A/C converted in 2007, stout engine (15mpg overall), new drivers seat, solid interior.

Bad: Exterior rust on body (undercarriage still good), electronic windows and locks do not all work, tailgate different color and locking mechanism is getting funny, mileage, paint-eep the hood.

Rust - most treated with POR, but newer bubbles have been noted.

A/C blows cold, new radio with bluetooth for hands-free.

Perfect vehicle for a 2.8 swap!

Photos below.

contact me via PM for any additional info needed. Thanks

Mike

Last edited:
Mike,

I'll spread the word over here in Atlanta! Good luck with the sale!

I can tell it is a solid Cruiser, but I think the millage, body/paint, and the rust might be scaring a few people off.

Have you tried Craig's List?

Matthew

Last edited:
Matthew, thanks. Engine is solid, tranny rebuilt by ACC. Rust is there but fixable. It's been a DD for over ten years, over 600 miles per week. Battery, hose, brake shoes, have been the only issue and replaced. Staying away from Craigs and Ebay for now.

5059E886-1160-4990-A344-A86126872B10.jpeg
C21F7C8E-31C7-41FF-A94B-091CA03550B4.jpeg
0AE2EAD9-0D19-4C70-9EC8-AF16998F4F98.jpeg
DB1BE5F8-6F25-45D4-956D-F3EF8B477DBA.jpeg

Sorry, I picked it up about 2 weeks ago, Mike should probably change the post to sold.

Congratulations!!! How was the drive back?

Matthew

It was great! Stopped in Athens, Nashville, and Cincinnati! It drove beautifully! Even on the winding Kentucky roads. Took it on the highway from Ohio to New York and kept up pace fine. Was greeted with a fresh layer of snow it's first morning in Buffalo!
IMG_20190323_081516.jpg

It was great! Stopped in Athens, Nashville, and Cincinnati! It drove beautifully! Even on the winding Kentucky roads. Took it on the highway from Ohio to New York and kept up pace fine. Was greeted with a fresh layer of snow it's first morning in Buffalo!View attachment 1945090

Congrats on the new cruiser!! What're your plans for this one?

Congrats on the new cruiser!! What're your plans for this one?
Nothing immediately. When I have the money I would like to swap the 33s for 31s. Repaint (I like the dune beige). Maybe even do an fj60 grill/headlight swap. But for now I definitely want to plan some trips up to the Adirondacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom