1987 2h- rebuilt my injectors, truck lost power and won't start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I used to to clean my injector parts. It's a great no touch carbon remover. Very unhealthy for our bodies though.
image.jpeg

Thanks, i will look into it.
I used a brass brush to clean them, i'm still not happy with the result, though.

Edit I also used a lot of Wurth brake cleaner.

Last edited:
Brake cleaners can be caustic. Caustic works great removing carbon but can etch the metal surface. If it's the nozzle parts id be very weary of using any acidic or caustic cleaners. I've soaked sensitive aluminum parts in the gm cleaner for days without any ill effects. It's very ph balanced. It's designed for injection systems and combustion chambers. It will also give you multiple sclerosis if you don't have good ventilation.

Thank you, i won't use it again, then. The only parts i am truly concerned about are the mating surfaces, i have new nozzle assemblies.
I've ordered an injector cleaner, but parts do take some time to get here.
I will let you guys know how it goes, once i have everything back together.

I cleaned everything, replaced the nozzles and pressure set the injectors at 1750-1760 psi. I used shims for the old mercedes engines, they were a perfect fit. No leaking so far, but the car is not yet drive-able, that will be the real test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom