1985 Toyota Dolphin? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LEX

Threads
So I ran into an interesting truck that I found locally. 1985, looks all original and everything supposedly works. After a quick search, these are rare? Worth the idea or nah?

Screenshot_20200619-202850_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
One of my mechanic friends has had one for years. He and his wife and two kids travel all over the western USA and Canada regularly with it. If the price is right, and you don’t mind traveling in the right lane, go forit!

After a quick search, these are rare?

Aftermarket conversion; only "rare" because so few were ever sold - not many people want an underpowered camper. Probably the only selling point was that they got better fuel economy than a full-size domestic camper/rv.

Aftermarket conversion; only "rare" because so few were ever sold - not many people want an underpowered camper. Probably the only selling point was that they got better fuel economy than a full-size domestic camper/rv.

"Better" but how much better with the 22R(E?) constantly floored. I brought home a 15' Jayflight towed by my 3RZ (150 HP) Tacoma and I topped out at 55 into a stiff headwind.

There's a guy restomodding an older one around here somewhere. This one is in much better shape than his. I think he'll be flogging a 20R at what 90 HP?

The intrigue for me with these things is a 4WD conversion.

A clean one seems to sell for around 7500. It got 17 mpg on the highway and drove about like a 1 ton Toyota truck with 1 ton in the bed. At sea level, it was ok.

Many of these are beat up, lived in, worn out, etc., so clean/stock ones are really rare.

A clean one seems to sell for around 7500. It got 17 mpg on the highway and drove about like a 1 ton Toyota truck with 1 ton in the bed. At sea level, it was ok.

Many of these are beat up, lived in, worn out, etc., so clean/stock ones are really rare.
17mpg ? in Colorado? That was east of the I-25, right? I didn't get 17 in the Colorado mountains with my 84 with no camper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom