For Sale 1983. FJ45 Trakka Pop top Troopy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 45 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
Late model Troopy! It has the Australian Trakka pop top. Asking $28,000

Looking for a quick sale as my son needs shoulder surgery and we are in between health insurance.

Power steering
power brakes
split case
2F powered dual fuel propane/petrol
Trakka pop top.

I’ve driven this truck all over with no problems. Runs strong. It burns a little oil and the power steering gear weeps fluid out the input shaft. I just refill, drive and enjoy. I resealed every oil leak on the motor this spring. I replaced the entire cooling system a few years ago. Radiator to water pump. I have a build thread I’ll link that I’ve documented most of the stuff that I’ve done to it.

interested party should just PM me contact info and we can chat on the phone.

It needs the valves adjusted but I have all the parts for a 3FE conversion so I was waiting till this winter to swap in a rebuilt head and fuel injection. Truck is located in Rapid City South Dakota. I can help with delivery to the surrounding states. Here are some pics, everyone likes pics..

9EE12237-4DBE-4D51-B68F-0CC4A840B85D.jpeg

3010F5F4-D466-47AF-85A6-4BF5F5249EAF.jpeg

0A9307A0-CB9F-44A3-8258-E2DEC14EBA14.jpeg

38D10B10-6A80-480E-8117-0380215CDD8D.jpeg

6BFCC881-E185-44D9-A6B2-10476FE23DFC.jpeg

Great seller! Doing the right thing for his family selling one of his favorite trucks. I personally took most of those photos this truck goes and is very solid.

Here is my thread I started on it.

Great seller! Doing the right thing for his family selling one of his favorite trucks. I personally took most of those photos this truck goes and is very solid.
Hey thanks Dan, yep this was my keep forever truck…

how well does the top seal? Any whistling on the hwy? What month was it built in 83?

Dammit, why do things like this always come along when I'm nowhere near ready! My dream fishing rig platform right there.

Tough choice here boss, hope the surgery goes well.

source.gif

how well does the top seal? Any whistling on the hwy? What month was it built in 83?
I’ll have to look at the vin tag for the month. I have searched out and read just about every Trakka top 45 in the states and I haven’t found one newer than this one. Most of them had the 2H diesel and can only go about 65 mph before they run out. You can keep up with 75mph traffic with the 2F…

The top seals good it has a contour on the front edge moulded into the fiberglass that helps with the sound. Trakka has a great reputation with their design…

And yes going down the highway just like any 40 series is not quiet 😂

Dammit, why do things like this always come along when I'm nowhere near ready! My dream fishing rig platform right there.

Tough choice here boss, hope the surgery goes well.

View attachment 3139677
This is not something I wanna do but kids always come first. I almost tagged you in the post but didn’t wanna tease you 😂

CC9D8B47-8FD0-43F3-9695-DEFA29127138.jpeg

Ouch! Going to guess mountain bike incident? I did mine 30 years ago! Good on you for having your priorities in order. It will circle back and you will find another one when the time is right!

Ouch! Going to guess mountain bike incident? I did mine 30 years ago! Good on you for having your priorities in order. It will circle back and you will find another one when the time is right!

Close! Dirt jumper…

Our Troopy is the same color I'm pretty sure. Would you consider a cash plus roof offer to swap your poptop with our non poptop? Maybe it would let you cover the bills & keep your troopy in hand & mostly intact too? Totally get it, if you aren't interested & hope your son heals well & easily!

Can 10/10 attest to a 2H powered trakka only doing 65 (downhill with a tail wind). Wish I had the funds for this one. Someone will get an awesome rig. Buy it while you still can

Can 10/10 attest to a 2H powered trakka only doing 65 (downhill with a tail wind). Wish I had the funds for this one. Someone will get an awesome rig. Buy it while you still can
I sent him a DM and I am waiting on a call. He is probably taking care of his son... prayers 🙏🙏🙏

Last edited:
I love that rig and wondered where it went. I checked it out and drove it when it was imported in 2008 to Albuquerque. I couldn't afford what the seller wanted, but it put me on the hunt for my own. It has since come and gone through my stable.

The same Albuquerque seller imported another Trakka that I think was also an '83 and with a 2F. It was yellow and not in nearly as good condition. It might still be in the Mud classified archives from 2008 or 2009. Redgrr's rig has a basic Trakka setup--the pop top (I believe this one has the bed up top and not just standing room) and a water tank, where mine and the yellow one were fully kitted with pop top, cabinets, sink, stove, table/lower bed, and 2 water tanks.

I agree the 2F is the most desirable stock engine in these. The one I imported was a '79 with an H diesel. It was a dog, especially living at 7000', and didn't get significantly better mileage. I swapped the top and camper bits into a v8-converted 1980 HJ45 same color and similar stripes to this one. I wasn't impressed with the 2H either, I'd rather a 2F.

Sorry you have to sell it and I hope your son does well with his surgery.

Looks like @Redgrrr may have worked out a way to keep the Troppy and take care of his son. That's good news!! Hope he recovers and feels better soon!!!

MM

I believe I have reached out to all those who have sent me messages. I have found some interest free medical financing so I might be in the clear on selling but I will still consider letting it go. Please pm me if interested.

I hope like hell you keep it!

Or at least hold it for me until my kids get out of college and decide to buy it for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom